Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire jumps gun on Radeon 9800 Pro technology!!!

Wow well done smokey:D
    P.s. Why are you never on Im?? just outta curiousity
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Actually I'm never on IM cause I got a slow computer and it slows things down a lot even over my fast connection. So you will see me on more often once I build my new comp.

Also, recently I've been kinda grumpy and haven't felt like chatting.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBalrog
    128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness
    128-bit color ? SWEET !!! That's the only thing that the NV30 had on the R300 ! But now with the R350...it's all good.
    Sign me up for a 256mb version (well, at least the 128mb version depending on the price)
    SPAM Special Ops

ADDITIONAL POWER CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS

The Radeon 9800 Pro must be connected to the computer? power supply to meet its performance and high-speed memory requirements.
    In order to supply the ATI Graphics Accelerator card with the necessary power, we have included the Power Extension Cable.
    Use the Power Extension Cable to connect the Radeon 9800Pro to the computer? hard Drive power connector.
    1. Remove the power cable from the hard drive.
    2. Connect the 4-pin connector of the Power Extension Cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro power connector.
    3. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the power supply connector.
    4. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the Hard Drive connector.
    No mention of a 350W power supply being needed ? I hope I will be able to use my 330W Antec Truepower ! It cost $$$
    SPAM Special Ops

Just wondering here, is there any reason wy you can't use two PSU's?

Just wondering here, is there any reason wy you can't use two PSU's?
    if they were both ATX power supplies - you need the MB connection to turn it on - you could proably use a AT power supply as an additional on - but they're not easy to find these days

Is there any way to fake a MoBo connection? I know there is an article out there that talks about wiring them up in series, but that seems like an awful lot of effort.

I used to be an Ati fan,but ever since I found out that the love of my life (3dfx) was taken over by nvida Ati just dosen't feel the same any more. So it looks like I'll be turning to the dark side and get a nvida fx muahhahahahaahahhah*evil laugh*....regains composure......*looses it agian* ahaahaahaahahahahha. *cough*:shh:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

I would still consider getting an FX *if* there wasn't all this news that nVidia is just making enough to fill re-orders. That means that only very few will be in the market and nVidia will not put much effort into the drivers. Really seems like the FX is nVidia's 8500 but with worse prospects.

Otherwise the FX with the Zalman cooler would be do-able.

For now it looks like a 9800 will be coming my way.

Ya, I loved my 3DFX cards ! When I heard about the GeForceFX being the first nVidia card that would use 3DFX techs, I was like: YEAH BABY ! :bounce:
    But with the limited Qty's and the nBlow "dustbuster", I'll probably buy an ATI 9800 Pro or wait and see the comparison between it and the NV35 before buying a card.
    But as it stands...ATI looks more appealing. : peace2:
    SPAM Special Ops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information