Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire jumps gun on Radeon 9800 Pro technology!!!

Thanks to the www.theinquirer.net

Sapphire jumps gun on Radeon 9800 Pro technology

(ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Chipset)
    Erecting Worlds of Wonderment
    The ?Big Bang? creation of your virtual world erupts from the RADEON? 9800 ATLANTIS PRO?s SMARTSHADER? 2.1 and SMOOTHVISION? 2.1 technologies. Delivering full acceleration of DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL 2.0, your only limitation is your own imagination!

Features:
    256MB or 128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games

256-bit memory interface removes hardware performance bottleneck and provides end users with faster 3D graphics

Industry's only 8-pipeline graphics solution in its 2nd generation, providing twice the rendering power of any currently competing product.

Supports the new AGP 8X standard, providing a high-speed link between the graphics board and the rest of the PC (2.0 GB/sec)

First to fully support DirectX® 9.0 and the latest OpenGL® functionality

New SMARTSHADER? 2.1 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications

SMOOTHVISION? 2.1 technology enhances image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance

128-bit floating-point color precision allows for a greater range of colors and brightness

Unique VIDEOSHADER? engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals

ATI's new FULLSTREAM? technology removes blocky artifacts from Streaming and Internet video and provides sharper image quality

ADDITIONAL POWER CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS

The Radeon 9800 Pro must be connected to the computer? power supply to meet its performance and high-speed memory requirements.
    In order to supply the ATI Graphics Accelerator card with the necessary power, we have included the Power Extension Cable.
    Use the Power Extension Cable to connect the Radeon 9800Pro to the computer? hard Drive power connector.
    1. Remove the power cable from the hard drive.
    2. Connect the 4-pin connector of the Power Extension Cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro power connector.
    3. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the power supply connector.
    4. Connect the Power Extension Cable to the Hard Drive connector.

:flames: Sweet! :thumb:

:hammer:

From www.Hardocp.com and www.nvnews.net

nvNews.net's back up copy of FIC press release here

A98P based on the ATI Radeon 9800 and 9800 Pro graphics engines respectively. The A98 and A98P both feature 400MHz RAMDAC, 8 pipeline architecture, 256 bit data width, 512Kb of serial flash ROM, AGP 8X/4X/2X compatibility, TV-out, support for simultaneous dual displays and DirectX 9.0/OpenGL support. In addition, the A98 will support 128MB of DDR memory and a core/memory clock speed of 325/310MHz. The A98P will support up to 256MB of DDR memory and has a core/memory clock speed of 400/460MHz.

The new A97 and A97P graphics cards are based on the ATI Radeon 9700 and 9700Pro graphics engines respectively. The awesome A97P features a 325/310MHz core memory clock and 256bit memory interface. The A97and A97P are AGP 4X and 8X compatible and advanced 3D features include SMARTHEADER 2.0, SMOOTHVISION 2.0, HYPER Z III, TRUEFORM 2.0 AND VIDEOSHADER. Both the A97 and A97P also support DirectX9.0.

The FIC Booth at CeBIT
    For more information about these and other FIC products, come and visit us at CeBIT, running from March 12th to 19th 2003. FIC will be located at B23, Hall 2. Alternatively, the latest information about FIC products and services can be found at www.fic.com.tw or by contacting marketing@fic.com.tw.

I read the FIC anouncement 2 or 3 days ago...we must be getting close.

from www.darkcrow.co.kr Here

RV350 : DirectX 9 in the Mainstream.

0.13 micron process technology

Full DirectX 9 Support
    -Floating Point Date Precision
    -High Dynamic Range

Advanced 3D Performance
    -Quad Pixel Pipelines
    -Dual Vertex Engines

AGP 8X

96:1 peak Z compression

Hmm...very tempting... so what are you saying RDR we are close to launch?
    - Damien

Yeah read the FIC one too, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Seems like a good bet that this month will launch the R350, I guess.

I want it now! Unfortunately with no more news about the rumored dual Athlon nForce, I guess it was only a rumor. :tears:

Just checking I was right to post all this... right? :?:

I am wondering how much it will go for the 256 mb model...and i am sure ATI will be on top of nVidia once again.
    - Damien

Yeah, I'd like the 256 version also.

My gut tells me it'll be around $500 with the 128 version starting of in the $400. Just guessing though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information