Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9800 Pro

Ooooo... Me likes!! I think that looks better than the reference card. The newly designed HSF is pretty snazzy and kinda keeps that Radeon style at the same time; just new and improved! I was a little dissapointed that ATI had still not put ram sinks on the 9800, but I guess if it doesn't need them then why put them on, but I know those little suckers run hot... Anyhew -- cool stuph! Thanks Weta.

:cheers:
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

It does look pretty cool. Though The fan is a bit far away from the core, with the power line running over the top of the core. Hmmm...

But personally I will be getting the 9800 with the least amout of cooling gizzmos cause I gonna replace the hwole thingy with a Zalman cooler.

It does look sweet, though a bit GF FX'ish. :laugh:

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POWERCOLOR VIDEO CARD !
    I hate my PowerColor Radeon 7500 ! I can't upgrade my drivers. When I do, I lose all the tweaking options. (in the "settings=>advanced" tab).
    I want a real ATI card! "Built By" !!!
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER POWERCOLOR VIDEO CARD !
    I hate my PowerColor Radeon 7500 ! I can't upgrade my drivers. When I do, I lose all the tweaking options. (in the "settings=>advanced" tab).
    I want a real ATI card! "Built By" !!!
    When you upgrade to newer drivers - you have to install the control panel separately - that what gives you all the "advanced" tabs.....I have a powercolor R9100 right now..works fine on that card.
    ...although I do think that the "built by ATi" cards are slightly superior too.

Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    When you upgrade to newer drivers - you have to install the control panel separately
    Now you tell me.... : omg:
    Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    ...although I do think that the "built by ATi" cards are slightly superior too.
    Same here...:idea:
    SPAM Special Ops

I just wasted an hour trying to update my drivers...won't work ! It doesn't even find the stupid driver AT ALL !!! I restored the original drivers ! :flames: :grr: :steam: :shoot3: :hammer: :no: :scream: :shoot2:
    SPAM Special Ops

Newer ATi driver's ususally don't see older 3rd party boards...there's a way to get around it...I read a how-to once, it's just a matter of modfying one file, I'll have to see if I can find it.

the Catalyst 3.1 drivers/Control panel installed on my built-by-ATi Radeon9700 an my Powercolor Radeon 9100 exactly the same, so maybe they've ironed out the bugs for newer cards.

Yo E'vo been wanting to ask, what Anime is your av from?

Thinks for the info, will def. be buying a built by ATI 9800 then. :woot:

I have bought a 9500 (reg) and a 9700 Pro from Sapphire and i have had no probs as of yet with the comps i used them in. Latest pop in like nothing. Just letting ya know...:)
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBalrog
    Yo E'vo been wanting to ask, what Anime is your av from?

Thinks for the info, will def. be buying a built by ATI 9800 then. :woot:
    I believe it's "Dragon Warrior" but I'm not sure...I just like the image...still looking for the anime video...
    SPAM Special Ops

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information