Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9800 Pro

Remember how the 9700 Pro had major problems with the KT400 mobos. Are those problems all gone now ? Has anyone heard of any problems with the 9800 Pro / KT400 from any of the reviews ?
    Not sure if this question is making sense...but do you know what I mean ? ie: Will I have problems getting the thing to work with my other hardware ?
    SPAM Special Ops

I'm getting antsy ! I want a real vid card....Not my 7500. :yuc:
    I want (if I can afford it:rolleyes2) the 256mb version as it'll help a lot with Doom3 (I heard it uses 96mb+ just for textures), but I hate my current card with a passion! :grr: So waiting even longer is gonna kill me...:snip:
    SPAM Special Ops

Well...The price will kill me too..:thumbs do
    SPAM Special Ops

Yeah $500 is steap, but I figure if I'm willing to pay $400 for 128mb I can pay $100 more to double the memory.

Maybe I'll post my planned rig in "what should I buy".

Heh. I think it's pretty cool, but it adds up to $2000 :rolleyes2 I'm not sure I can afford it. :(

Like so many other people, I'm fed up waiting for Nvidia to get their act together with the FX, it's been one delay after
    another, it's March and you still can't buy one.
    Guess it's time to try an ATi card, I'm going to buy a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro 256mb, which I think will be the best
    version to buy, in my opinion even better than the "Built by ATi" one.

Originally posted by [B]weta
    ...I'm going to buy a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro 256mb, which I think will be the best version to buy, in my opinion even better than the "Built by ATi" one.
    Really ? I got burned by PowerColor.:shrug: Hercules is generally known as one of the better 3rd party companies, but I'm still not sure...
    Above all else, I want it to be STABLE with NO driver problems !:no:
    SPAM Special Ops

The Hercules 9700 Pro card has RAMsinks and a copper HSF ! Sweet ! But how are they with drivers ?
    SPAM Special Ops

My present card is a Hercules 3D Prophet 2 GTS 64mb, before they changed over to ATi chipsets, the driver support
    for my card was excellent. There have been rumours that the Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro will be watercooled, but
    this has never been confirmed. Limited numbers of the Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro were offered with watercooling,
    but I've never seen one.

watercooling in its present form will never be main stream. So water cooled cards will either be DIY or special editions.

I have also heard that Hercules is good, but do you have any specifick reasons why it is better than built by ati? I know on some of their special eddition i.e. Gold sample cards they put faster ram, but asside from that?

It's to late and I'm too tired so no spell check for you! :D

:zzz:

"Built By ATI" cards give you a hard time when over clocking them.
    - Damien

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information