Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GeForce4 Ti4200

OK...I need some serious help. I have an MSI GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB 4x AGP card. I was experiencing a lot of problems with it. I was getting very low frame rates (as low as 8-10) on games such as Medal of Honor and Half-Life. Eventually, I stumbled across NVMax, the tweaking utility. With it, I turned off all of my anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and v-sync, as well as lowered the mip-mapping and overclocked the memory by 100 MHz (still have adequate cooling.) I even went into the BIOS to ensure that it was running at AGP 4x and I adjusted AGP aparture to 256MB, turned off shadowing, etc. I still only saw a frame rate increase of 4 fps!!! Can anyone help me?

Specs:
    AMD Athlon XP 1800
    ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard
    512 MB PC 2100 DDR SDRAM
    40 GB Maxtor Drive
    Windows 98 SE
    (Video Card Listed Above)
    15" CRT Monitor (85 Hz Refresh, but that shouldn't make a difference as I turned v-sync off)

Well can you first tell us what drivers you are useing. Some of them aren't too good. Also changing the game settings will help performance:thumb: Why not check out www.pcpitstop.com and test your system for problems:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I only have version 30.82 Detonator WHQL drivers (the newer ones aren't compatible with NVMax.

Another thing, on games like Medal of Honor, I have all decals turned off, effect, model and environment detail turned to their lowest levels, and the LOD turned all the way down. I even run my games in 800x600x16 bit mode, and still nothing...

Try upgradeing to a 4*.** driver and useing Powerstrip to overclock:D
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I have just bought a asus ti4200 otes 64mb, but have been having problems with my display, if I looked at this thread rugbydude's right hand 'green face' on both posts would have vertical white lines through it also register, members etc at the top also have vertical white lines through.

The only way I can fix this is to go to display settings, advanced, troubleshoot and then untick enable write combining what does this mean? should it be unticked? any help appreciated.

cslord u really need to get new drivers, the latest WHQL ones are the 41.09's which u can get from nvidia.com, or better yet check guru3d.com for newer drivers, i use the 43.00's myself and they work great :thumb: I agree with Rugbydude that Powerstrip is an awesome OC tool :D definitely d/l that.

I dont really need an overclocking tool. My card's drivers installed an overclocking tool already. What I need is something that I can adjust things like fast writes with, along with advanced options with D3D or OpenGL. As for the new drivers, I guess it's worth a shot.

Sounds like there is something more serious than just performance tweaks will do. Drivers can really mess things up, so try that first, definitely.:bounce: :bounce:
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

OK there's an error with the 43.00 drivers from guru, they had a file missing and it didn't revert back to 30.82. Anyway, I had to reinstall my video card after that which took a while. Also, I actually had 40.72 Detonator for a while, but it wasn't helping worth a s**t. I'm starting to think that it's my power supply. It's always supplying too little voltage for the 3.3v on the video (it's only supplying about 2.9v). Also (don't tell AMD) I just found out that it isnt even certified for AMD processors. I'm thinkin of getting a new one ASAP...could that be the answer to my problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information