Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question about the 9600

Well i know it has a higher clock speed and memory speed etc than the 9500 pro but wot i wonder about is why they didn't include a 8 pipeline interface. I mean won't that slow the thing down? And are there any early benchmarks out there as i'm wondering if i should wait for the 9600 or just get the 9500 pro. any info would be great:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Crippling a lower priced part will always give you a reason to buy the more expensive (read: more profitable) part. If you make identical parts with different model names and charge different prices, the buying public gets very angry. Just ask G.M. about the Cimmeron.

The 9600 chip is ATi's first .13micron chip - so doing a simpler design makes sense - particiularly when you see the problems nVidia had with their .013micron nv30 chip.

also - a simple .13micron part should be cheaper to produce than a complex .15micron part with the performance crippled ... as long as yeilds are high enough

Even though the 9600 fill rate is less than the fill rate of the 9500pro....the performance of the 9500pro was limited by memory bandwidth not fillrate... the 9600 will have more memory bandwidth than the 9500pro - that, along with other optimizations should be enough to make it faster.
    Unfortunately - there will be no way to mod a 9600 into a 9700, 9800 or anything else :rolleyes:

Are u sure there wont be a mod:confused: :confused: :confused:

If what i've read about the chip is true - there won't be a mod.

You could force the chip to use 9700/9800 driver code if you wanted - but I don't think that would accomplish anything

Any idea about the cooling??? Any manufacturers offering an overclock friendly card with better cooling and ram sinks:confused: :confused:

sorry I haven't seen any mfg'r specific pictures yet - I would be surprised to see any cooling on the Ram chips - but anything is possible...I usually like to do my own cooling upgrades anyway

hopefully the clocks won't be locked in the bios like some 9500pro's are:thumbs do

When theres a will theres a way. in other words if they lock the bios i flash it, if it has crap cooling i upgrade it and if it can't be modded i'll mod the damn thing anyway damn it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thread Information