Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geforce 4 - What do you think?

Yep, as I predicted - Take a look at these benchmarks and see how the GF4 can really shine!

http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce4/page_2.shtml

Yeah the geforce 4 line up looks really promising!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

nVidia have obviously learnt that not everyone has A$1200 for a video card at launch - the top GF4 is only A$800, and will drop quickly I imagine ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

I hope it will drop! Maybe go for a geforce 3 ti500
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

I just found this review if ya interested.

http://gamespot.com/gshw/stories/fla...845978,00.html

I checked the gamespot review last night and they say that the gf4 ti 4200 won't be released until april... another waiting game oh well. i guess i'll have to wait a few more months for Max Payne to look great :shoot3:

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    I think ill get one...
    then again, i said that when the gf2 and the gf3 was released...
    still, wishful thinking never hurt anyone...

I only wonder what ATi have up their sleeve....
    Monday, January 14, 2002

ATI R300 details out - 1:01 pm EST - MrB
    Here's the latest rumours provided by Fudo at The Inquirer. Nothing new IMO except their opinion that'll it will take nvidia's nv25 big time.

ATI WILL TAKE Nvidia on big time by introducing an R300 that will have DirectX 9 support.
    The card is an NV25 killer while ATI's lower market model the RV 250 which many assumed to be an NV17 killer now has large speed advantages over Nvidia's offering.
    While clock speeds are still under waraps, the RV250 will be spawned from the R200, currently branded as the Radeon 8500.

Whle Nvidia is readying its cards for launch in the next fortnight or so, as revealed on Friday, it is still to finish its work to take advantage of DirectX 9.

Samples of the R300 will go to ATI partners in the next two weeks and R&D teams are preparing their card designs.

sounds like impressive hardware - but hardware has never been a problem with ATi - it's just delivering bug free drivers that take advantage of the hardwares capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by infielder6
    Hey, RDR if the geforce 4 is supposed to sell at 9 US what do you think that will be in Canadian currency... I'm not good at making monetary conversions and what not... : party ha
    you're probably looking at $300-325 cdn to start with - prices ususally start to drop shortly after the initail release

I've read on a few sites though, that nVidia hasn't fully decided whether the Ti4200 will be a go or not

I guess the $199US price tag is too close to the $179US high end MX model - I can see their point - It's all about making $$$'s
    Who would buy an MX for 179 If you can get a Ti4200 for 199?

If it does get released you can bet it will be the last in the family of 6 to see daylight :(

Quote Originally Posted by MySTiCuSS
    I hope it will drop! Maybe go for a geforce 3 ti500
    appearantly the GF3's are supposed to disappear from store shelves as soon as the GF4 family start's to ship - I can see why - If they're trying to cover the whole range of PC users with their 6 cards - they don't want some cut-rate GF3's (which are technically superior to the GF4MX series) hanging around to hinder sales.

Did you guys seen those swanky looking heatsinks on the new
    Gf4 cards ??/ Im excited !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information