Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driver problems w/ radeon 9500

It is also very possible, that your compaq motherboard simply cannot supply that kind of voltage to the AGP slot. Despite what AGP slot rating it has, compaq is the lowest on the totem pole for home PC hardware quality. Tied for last place with Gateway (IMO).
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Zeradul.......what company does the best in selling computers to home PCs? Where did you get your info?

Chaos

Sounds like lack of power, whats ur power supply? >..ie. how many watts?..or AGP voltage aint high enough?.
    If your power supply is less than 300 W try gettin a new powersupply

Zeradul.......what company does the best in selling computers to home PCs? Where did you get your info?
    Not only is it my personal opinion, but I site Consumer Reports as a source. Consumer Reports always ranks Dell at or very near the top, Other good consistant brands are Sony and Toshiba. Another great thing about Consumer Reports is that all Libraries have them, and you can go use them for free.

They look at all aspects, support, quality, etc.

If I was buying PC's (that I couldn't build) I would definately buy Dell. If I was buying a laptop today it would either be a Dell or a Toshiba.

Consider This: Dell is the only PC company in the world who has continued to increase market share over the past 2 years, DESPITE a shrinking market. So despite buyers decreasing the amount they buy, Dell has increased the number of people buying from them. So not only are they keeping their repeat buyers, but they are swallowing up buyers who are fed up with their garbage Gateways, Compaqs, IBM's etc.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Also remember, that if you are interested and capable of building your own PC, you can go that route and get a much better overall computer with the exact options you want, for a better price. But you gotta be ready to trouble shoot it, thats one thing you don't get (and don't pay for) is tech supprt.

But that is what this forum is for, we help each other troubleshoot problems, purely out of mutual interest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information