Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help with a video card

I am not to savy with hardware. i can run a computer pretty well. i have a sony vaio rx 465DS. I have a video card which is 4x agp nvidia geforce2 mx. i want to run dual monitors. i am considering sansung 171v (17") flat panel. My OS is Win ME. Ther are two din plugs on the card. my current monitor is plugged into one. can i plug a second monitor into the second port/plug and tell windows what to do, or is that a digital output only? i am trying to avoid buying another video card, but want dual monitors for my editing station.

thank you

Geforce 2 MX does not support dual monitor display, you will need to get a new video card to be able to use your other monitor. Cards that support hydravision, if you want a nice cheap card with this ability get a radeon 8500 or 9100.

Hope that helps.

Sorry kenny83 but the GF2 MX range does support dual monitors so long as it has the dual monitor outputs. If ya only got the Vid-S output then it's a monitor and a TV. A digital output will require a converter unless used without a digital LCD.

Thread Information