Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Dilemna ( 9500 Pro vs. 9700np)

OK, here's the situation. I just received all of the stuff for my new comp (P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB of PC2700 DDR, AOpen AX4GE Max mobo) but the video card is going to have to wait till the next paycheck. My problem is that I can't seem to decide on whether I want to get the 9500 Pro or the 9700 np and o/c it to the equivalent of a 9700 Pro. I think that the extra $60 now for the 9700 will make a big difference in how long the card lasts till I have to replace it, but I want to know what you guys think.

the 9700 PRO price will go down a lot b/c the 9800 pro has just been released and the 9600 is coming out soon so just wait until next month and get the 9700 pro :P
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Yeah, I got the 9500 Pro Sapphire version. (although i have not hooked it up yet. i am waiting for the processor to arrive Tuesday) Now though, if I were you, go with the 9700 PRO. Go with souped-version though. Don't buy direct from ATI. Get like a Sapphire or Hercules.

Chaos:thumb:

oh the 9500 IS A GREAT budget GFX card faster than ANY Gforce 4 TI card and at like $160 :P
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Thread Information