Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boughted a Radeon 9700 Pro yestyrday!

Iīm sooooooooo happy now! I bought a Sapphire Atlantis 9700 Pro! 3DMark2001: 10200 and 2003: about 2800 points. It made a BIG hole to my wallet though (411€!!!) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , but I think itīs worth every cent. I first thought that I will buy the Hercules model, but they (Hercules) have some delivery problems and there wasnīt any card in the store, so I bought this Sapphire card. I think the Hercules model is little better, because of itīs copper fan. I was little surprised, when I opened the cards package, because the cardīs design was exactly the same as the ATIīs reference card, INCLUDING THE FAN!. I thought there should be a Sapphireīs own fan in the card. :( :(

Beefy Guest

*cough*... speaking of buying new cards, I got a Radeon 9700 Pro All-in-Wonder last week...

Didn't run 3DMark2001, but 3DMark2k3 got 4600.. :)

Plus the TV / Video input works a treat. Plugged it into the Pay TV box and recorded UFC 42 straight to DivX. Worked flawlessly first time. :)

did you run into any audio problems, or did u just skip the card's audio and directly connect to the sound card instead fo going tru the card
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Beefy Guest

Not a single problem.

I plugged in the L/R audio and S-video cable to the little box that connects directly to the card, which then runs out another cable and into the Line In port on my sound card. Sounds great. I recorded at a slightly lower audio quality to save a bit of space, but there was no jumping / skipping when I tried both the high quality and low quality audio.

Due to the software and nature of the recording, I wasn't sure whether going straight to the sound card would have recorded the feed's audio, so I just ran it the way it is supposed to be run.

I cannot fault this card at all. Highly recommended.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    Iīm sooooooooo happy now! I bought a Sapphire Atlantis 9700 Pro! 3DMark2001: 10200 and 2003: about 2800 points.
    I just realised something. Your system (well, the one in your sig) is better than mine. You should be scoring at least 4000 in 3DM2k3.

Yes but u both forgot to state at wot resolution u ran the tests:thumb: Beefy u cudave dun it at half the resolurtion hence the higher score:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

It's so good to hear that you Boughted that card.

I'm sure that you will be very happy with it :)

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    Yes but u both forgot to state at wot resolution u ran the tests:thumb: Beefy u cudave dun it at half the resolurtion hence the higher score:thumb:
    If you are stupid enough not to run it on default settings when comparing it, then what's the point of stating your score?

When people state scores it is assumed that it is using the defaults... :rolleyes2

Well if he used default settings then he should score way higher than that..

I beat him in 3d mark 2001se with my XP2100+ and Ti4200 everything at stock..

:cheers:

Heh! :D I also thought why I got so low scores. This morning I disabled the virus scan and all other stuff and got 4587 marks in 2003 and 13 196 marks in 2001! Thatīs more like it, donīt you think. BTW, I still havenīt OCīd the card. ;)

PS. Was there a typo in the title of my thread...sorry! :o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information