Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Videos won´t play in TV when using composite output!

Okhay, here´s the problem: I have attatched my video card (9700 Pro) to my videos and through that to my (20 year old :rolleyes: ) TV via composite cable and when I try to watch movie files/DVD´s on the TV, it won´t show them. The TV will show the windows and games images, but not the videos. Is there some problems with the refresh rate or something? The TV is a 50Hz model. Any ideas? :?:

This program might help i've heard good things about..

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

Beefy Guest

Unfortunately, that program is for nVidia cards only. :(

What I'm guessing is happening is that when the video is playing, it is not overlaying on the correct display. I had this problem with a GF4MX for a while, and never actually got around to fixing it. What happened was I watched some movies using the TV out, then when I went back to a normal display it didn't show the video overlay.

I'll have a play with mine and see what I can find. Maybe someone else knows about this?

I allready found out what´s the problem. I had to make my TV for a primary display from the driver´s settings. Now the videos are shown properly! :thumb: :cheers:

Thread Information