Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9700 PRO Ultimate Edition 128MB

I feel very uncomfertable starting this post, but I think it is an interesting topic (notice as I am actually using correct grammer.) Beyond3d has a review of the Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9700 PRO Ultimate Edition 128MB. This can be found here:http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/sapphire/9700proue/
    It is silent because it uses a painted Zalman Chip cooler (normally it is yellow but it is painted silver.) Its performance seems dissapointed only sporting a -2% to a 4% increase in power, one would think Ultimate Edition would add some real power but it doesn't.

--t00|b0x
    -Keep on gamin!
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I'm not sure I understand what your gripe is here. The silent (passive) cooling is what makes it the "Ultimate Edition". There is no added noise to the system when you upgrade to a power graphics card. It has all the power and overclockability that is normally found on a 9700 Pro board but without any noise.

Have I missed something here? :confused:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

No, your probably right, I just read wrong. But there is a performance difference even though its slight it should be something like Silent Edition not Ultimate because ultimate means "The greatest extreme; the maximum" (according to dictionary.com) and it is clearly not the ultimate in 9700 Pros. I'm trying to get to the point of my little post: Does it live up to its name as the Ultimate Edition?

But the manufacturer may mean "Ulimate Quiet".

Then it sould of been "Ultimate Quiet"
    here
    Edition-The entire number of like or identical items issued or produced as a set
    So Ultimate Edition means
    The greatest extreme of he entire number of like or identical items issued or produced as a set...does that mention cooling? It refers more to performance

Beefy Guest

Don't take computer product names / descriptions literally. It's all marketing hogwash.

:devil:

It all depends if noise is a big factor for you, some ppl like nice quiet pc.

Attack t00|b0x day, or wait just attack t00|b0x - to beefy

Infact lets capture him and shoot him in the head:snip:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by t00lb0x
    Attack t00|b0x day, or wait just attack t00|b0x - to beefy
    I wasn't pickin on you. It's just that you've picked a bad example to take words literally. Countless companies have used words like ultimate, superior, greatest, fastest, etc etc... to advertise their product. It's standard marketing.

Also, in terms of video cards, when they use wording like Ultimate Edition, or Special Edition, it usually signifies the best that they are going to make that particular item. Like the Geforce series using the word Ultra. As I said before, marketing speak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information