Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radeon 9700 Pro help

Thanks for the help everyone. I've decided it must be a defective card because it just won't work no matter what I do. Thanks again.

Can you return it for an exchange ? I'd try that.
    SPAM Special Ops

to have a Radeon 9700Pro perform good you need atleast a 400w PSU...maybe that should solve your problem (or a part of it)

:cheers:
    STRANGERS STOP AND CAST AN EYE, AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO YOU WILL BE. PREPARE FOR DEATH AND FOLLOW ME

A friend of mine has a 9700 Pro and he only has a 300W PSU, and it works fine.:shrug:
    SPAM Special Ops

like i said part of it.. depends on what other peripherals hes using that suck power away from the card... best get a stronger PSU than needed (not saying this is an option for you).. ya never know what upgrade your doing next..

:cheers:
    STRANGERS STOP AND CAST AN EYE, AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO YOU WILL BE. PREPARE FOR DEATH AND FOLLOW ME

Well I did take someone's advice and I disconnected everything from the power supply except for the absolute essentials, and it didn't make any difference. I'm not saying that makes me sure it isn't the power supply, but it does mean I'm going to exchange the card before I get a new PSU. Anyway I might build my own computer soon, I'd just rather have this thing work now.

I have 300W Enermax PSU and everything works fine! (check my sig) :thumb: :) :)

Yeah but enermax is quality and their voltages are almost right on, I think his card is defective
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I doubt it's power. You'd still get a signal but your card would be unstable if it was power or dirty voltage.

It's not the hard drive because there's absolutely no relationship between video signal and hard drive.

It could be that your motherboard doesn't support the newer 0.8v AGP cards, if it's an older motherboard (especially VIA) this is often the case. Do a google on your motherboard name along with "AGP problem" for research.

The card could be faulty, in which case take it back to place of purchase and get them to demonstrate it to you on another machine.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I returned the card and got a new one and it is the same problem. So now I am sure it is my motherboard. It is indeed a Via board and they have too many other problems for me to want one anymore. I'm getting the new system I've wanted for a long time. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information