Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9700 Pro help

I've got a very strange problem with my new Radeon 9700 pro.

I installed the card making sure I did everything right, but when I try to boot up my system, it's got power to everything including the card, but my monitor tells me there is no input signal. The monitor cables are connected just fine, the monitor is on the right input, but nothing on the screen. Also, interestingly, I hear no beeps coming from the computer like it ususally would on start up. I figured this could be a hard drive problem, but I connected the power cable to the hard drive just like in the instruction. Does anyone have a clue what this could be? Here are the important parts of my machine:

P4 1.4 processor
    PC400 Motherboard (Via based chipset)
    Sony flatpanel monitor

Any help would be great. Thanks!

:confused:

Have you plugged in the extra power connector the Radeon 9700 Pro requires?

Yeah, all that is plugged in. Just as an update, I connected my old video card and everything worked fine again. I have a 300 watt power supply, but could it still not be good enough? I'm pretty sure it is the hard drive which isn't working right with the card, but it makes no sense why not. Could I just have a faulty card?

You could of grounded it when trying to install it and ruined it anything is possible
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Well the fan is at least spinning on the card so I'm thinking it must be a power problem. Could I just have a really crappy 300W supply? Is there any way to find out?

are you sure your mobo supports AGP4x or AGP 8x (it does not run AGP 2x) ...b/c your system seems old the power would work but it wont read, thats prolly the problem

Yeah the mobo supports 4x AGP, so that isn't the problem.

then i have no clue

Thanks anyway

Does anyone else have any ideas?

If you want to see if it is a power problem, then disconnect everything but the mobo, video card, and floppy drive. Then try and boot up. If it works, then its you powerbox thats screwing you. Remember, CCL eat up a lot of juice(drink, really) so if u have any, that could be why. Also, consider touching the card AND case while at the same time touching the metal lining on a window. This once solved my no-boot problem.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information