Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will someone review my new site

Well even if I'm an old bugger I certainly don't have to squint to see the text (I don't wear glasses either) at any of the sites mention so....

my monitor is set to 16x12 rez 24/7.........so, i'm not used to monitors w/ 12x10 rez settings, yet as i surf......other sites, the fonts do seem a tad bit larger and more friendly to read, just my 2 cents.........i'm not taking the returned comments as a flame, and, be sure it is nothing but my best intention for what i am observing.........in other words, go to other sites and do a comparison, and ask yourself, is it earier to navigate and read, let's say, our forums, as compared to tweaktown.........i can modify the text to make it suitable, but, you asked..........
    ps....i'm an old bugger too! and, i do wear glasses :thumb:

Thanks for the comments, JSR.

What browser are you using / what size is your monitor / do you have Cleartype enabled? I personally have no problems reading TweakTown's text, even at 1600x1200.

i'm currently starting to use opera due to ie starting to act virus like in pop ups trying to manifest themselves, even after the browser is turned off, so i've zone alarmed that site...............have a 21 inch sony crt, and i don't know about cleartype please elaborate

Cleartype changes your text from this:

To this:

To enable it (have to be running Windows XP), right click on your desktop and go to Properties. Then click 'Appearance' -> 'Effects...'. A dialog like this should pop up:

Just check the box 'Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts:' and then select ClearType.

Makes a hell of a difference.

it did cheer things up a bit! :thumb:

Yeah, it is quite a handy feature :).

Default Re: Will someone review my new site

Don't see how you could go wrong with that website design, it looks like many others and is tried and true. Your color scheme is however original and attractive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information