Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: creating forum

Anyone know how to create a forum by using dreamweaver?

Movin' to the appropiate forum. :rolleyes2

Beefy Guest

Create a forum using Dreamweaver? I can think of easier things, like downloading a free solution like phpBB and starting from there...

Hey, I made my own forums ;) . Its a little on the hard side, but fun to learn what kind of things go into the whole process of making an actual forum, etc. I used Dreamweaver to do the layout, but used my own coding (ASP) to do the actual forums. Dont use Dreamweaver's built in coding for ASP, not worth the resources (in my opinion) it uses. It adds more coding then necessary. Besides, it wont be your "own" forum if you use thier forms of coding :p
    Cryptic Networks
    www.CrypNet.Net

It is sorta on the hard side at fiorst. LIke when I first tried I didnt get the MYSQL stuff because I was runnignthe server off my own computer, but after you do it once its a peice of cake

EDIT: o nvm I didn'nt read the whole post. I ddin't realize you coded it yourself. I thought you meant setting it up. That is pretty hard I'm thinking about trying it myself

I wrote an asp forum. It won planetsourcecode code of the month. Too bad its so buggy and is really hard to setup :D

you can download it at http://pennercase.tk. It might help you to read my code.

I'm rewriting it in php. imo php is way better than asp, harder to learn but a lot more powerful

Default Re: creating forum

I recomened using a prebuilt forum and then just modding it to your liking because phpBB is pretty much everything you are going to need.

Default Re: creating forum

Quote Originally Posted by clarkdevlin
    Anyone know how to create a forum by using dreamweaver?
    Take a look at http://forums.flybsv.com

That's an IPB ver 2.0 final forum I did ....... yes you can use Dreamweaver but that's kinda like reinventing the wheel :)

Thread Information