Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JPG Compression ratios

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Perhaps this is why you "left" VIA.
    I resigned from my position from VIA, if you want to confirm this you can email john.gatt@viaarena.com, fiona.gatt@viaarena.com or richard.brown@via.com.tw.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered

I don't feel the need to register. I'm only here to see the errors get sorted. I have zero wish to stick around beyond that.

As for "my character", you're right. I should rephrase. Well done Tweak!! Other than the fact you at no point cover that its JPEG & the ratios you use & thus conclusions you come to are WRONG, that & JPEGs have been around for years its fine.
    Should I keep up this level of sarcasm?

Why don't you stop trying to defend Wilmot. He is wrong, I've proven it to be wrong. I don't care what you think of my tone in the matter. Perhaps you should be more reasonable & just accept its wrong & edit it.
    Well, fair enough that you don't want to register. I wouldn't want anyone knowing who I was if I was writing the stuff you'd been writing.

I fail to see why you keep trying to grind Tweak's nose in it. You're right, he did make some errors in the article. He even admitted in the other thread he made the mistakes. So he HAS accepted that he was wrong. Notice how nobody else is flogging this like a dead horse but you? Most people have the decency to let it slide. As far as I know, Tweak is actually looking to improve the article as we speak, adding extra items to make it more applicable to everyone.

Well, I guess this kinda says it all. 2 days later & still the errors are up there.
    Kinda makes you wonder what else TTown doesn't bother fixing, even when the errors are pointed out publically, which is usually the best way to get people to fix things (As with Microsoft for example, heh).

In summary why don't you try better inform your readers by actually correcting mistakes rather than leaving them up. Perhaps this is why you "left" VIA. They probably don't keep on those who contually make mistakes but don't learn how to stop making them.

Well, how nice of you to give us a running tally of how long the page has been up. It's good to see you've got nothing better to do with your time. So nice of you to actually help us. Like I said earlier, this is actually being worked on.

Oh, and as for that VIA comment, perhaps you should actually get YOUR facts straight. You are definitely wrong there. I was corresponding to John Gatt at VIA not long after Tweak left, and they were honestly disappointed that HE chose to leave...

I also like the fact that since Tweak made one mistake, you suddenly seem to think he 'contually' makes mistakes. This shows that you honestly couldn't care less about the article, you are just there to make snide comments.

Anyways, just to add further insult to injury.. You are wrong. Plain and simple. I noticed in your other post that you mentioned about the difference in the JPEG quality, how one was 61.3k, and the other was 16.7k. Very good, you managed to get the figures right.. Then you went on to say how your math skills showed that this was infact 3.7:1 instead of 25:1, which was stated by Tweak.

Now, if you did have a clue about JPEG compression, you'd know that the compression ratio in fact doesn't not always directly correlate to the size of the file. If you have a picture with a lot of the same color in it, then the file size is going to be much smaller, compared to one with lots of various colours. So, if I made a big, black picture and saved it as a JPEG, it would be basically the same size, no matter which compression I used. The Compression Ratio is basically just a quality scale from 1 to 100. It's not really a ratio as such.

So... next time.. If you feel that you MUST slam people's faces into the ground with your 'fact' and 'proof'.. make sure you get it right.

Seriously...go and run your lousy site at www.3dspotlight.com and stop playing out your crap here. YOUVE MADE YOUR POINT NOW GET THE HELL LOST ALREADY. Its people like u that give the Net a bad name.

Get on with your pathetic attempt at a site and leave TweakTown alone, right. What would you do if someone came to your site and started posting crap on your content all over your forums and he didn't have the balls to register?

I would perosnally smack the crap outta him, but you're in Ireland so that isn't possible. Get a Fu@@en life, seriously. If you can't say something nice then shut yer farken mouth. Right.

Who?

Beefy Guest

looks like our mystery guest is a little scared.. We didn't get a big long rant this time. Must realise how wrong he is..

seems to me somebody has been proven wrong here Thomas (you :p)...

why is it that i get the feeling your jealous that cameron has built from the ground a very successful tech site?

please, i think the best thing you can possibly do right now is crawl back to your lower leveled tech site and not return here, cameron has written a nice, simple article, a few errors yes and has admitted to them...

as beefy said, no rants/flames...maybe you realise finally your in over your head...

btw, anybody that replies to this, please don't flame Thomas (altho we'd love to) because all your really doing is stooping to his level...

:thumbs do
    At the request of wiggo ;)

damn it al teh action is gone
    oh well looks liek we won :bounce:
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
    btw, anybody that replies to this, please don't flame Thomas (altho we'd love to) because all your really doing is stooping to his level...

:thumbs do
    Well, no, just I'm errr, not really this guy who you seem to think I am.

Beefy Guest

well if not then why are you hiding yourself? :rolleyes2

Ok, what is your Reviews, Articles, HOW-To's and news compared as a ratio from Accurate to inaccurate? Starting frome day one? I highly doubt that you have created enough articles to even fall in to a ratio catagory. Maybe I am wrong.

This site must have done some good some where or you wouldn't be here now..... Where are you banners at? Never seen them around...>Mr. Tweak must be doing something right!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information