Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Frames

Yes, you have a good point Mr. C. and I guess I didn't realize that is what he was asking, but yea that is what he was asking. What I do at that point is hope that the site's server allows browsing with an FTP, and i get the frame setup file that way.

Either that, or look for a tutorial with google. ;)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Well it seems my ISP is once again denying me access to my website

This is becoming a bit redundant:thumbs do

I hope this isn't going to become a monthly phone call - it cuts into my internet time:eek:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Creating your own webpage in notepad can be over-whelming, but it gives you great satisfaction when you see the end product.

I'd have to agree with Mr C on the frames in here, its a pretty good stepping stone tutorial and helped me alot.

I went through the whole thing step-by-step.

Here's another one I didn't find too bad either. I liked the idea of getting a few different explainations b4 I did anything. frame authoring

Good luck :thumb:

Excellent! Good for you WS, I never realized you had a site before. (must have been your previous AV distracted me from the little blue button:laugh: )

I agree, there are a lot of help-pages out there for web-authors. But it took me a lot of looking before I found 1 that I actually understood. Dr Joe just put the information in a way my pea-brain could actually comprehend -- after weeks of struggling, I read his tutorials and BANG! 20 minutes later I had created my first real page.
    I like his stuff a lot, actually purchased 2 of his books just to have it all handy for quick reference.

1 nice thing though, after you have made the first page a lot of the work becomes cut-n-paste for the remaining pages if you keep your layout the same:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I must admit, I struggled with it to start off with. But, after accomplishing it, it was all the more satisfying to know I did it without too much help at all.:D

Big bro did give me some useful help and tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo's-sister
    I must admit, I struggled with it to start off with. But, after accomplishing it, it was all the more satisfying to know I did it without too much help at all.:D

Big bro did give me some useful help and tips.
    Couldn't have said it better myself:thumb:
    Fumbled with it on and off for a couple months before it clicked in my head. Not having any programming skills HTML is the only way I personally can put anything decent up on a computer screen - definitely find that satisfying too.

Ahh, I so wish I had a big bro to help me:)

We do come in handy occassionally. ;)

I bet.
    Being oldest had it's advantages though I suppose, I got to wear all the clothes first - no hand-me-downs:laugh:

Good thing I didn't have an older-sister:eek:

Mr C. if you click the "View" menu and select "Source" in IE at a frames page (instead of right-clicking a page) it will show the source of the frames page

basically if u wanna right-click to get the source of the frame page, you'd need to be able to see the frame borders - regardless, i used to code pages in notepad- but screw that. i use phpedit (phpedit.com) to code by hand, and Dreamweaver 4 for page layout design
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thanks for that tip!
    Much better than saving the page to disk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information