Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Web sites 4 idiots (Warning this thread has escaped the BG)

Hey TwizlZone,

Try a bit of dhtml head over to www.dynamicdrive.com and try a few samples out u can make great menus and learn some cool stuff :thumb:

:cheers:

Project Tweakers .. Tweakers IRC .. MSN contact: roswellalien670@hotmail.com .. Google ..

My Rig: Amd 2100+ .:|:. V7+, ASIII .:|:. Shuttle AK35GTR .:|:. 512mb Winbond DDR .:|:. ATI Radeon 8500 64mb .:|:. 2x 40gb Seagate ATA 100 .:|:. LG 40x16x10 .:|:. Liteon 16x DvD .:|:. Intel Pro B and 3com 10/100 nics .:|:. SB live 5.1 DE .:|:. Enermax 710b Windowed .:|:. LG 17" F700b .:|:.

LOL
    I'm still waiting for a screenshot of the "TweakTown Member" sig, so I can see what it looks like in the intended font:D

What you got going on, is a simple case of malformed tags.
    you wouldn't believe the time I've spent banging my head because of a missing quotation mark:laugh:

compare this with your screenshots HTML

<A HREF="http://forums.tweaktown.com/attatchment.php?s=&postid=121425">Check this</A>

4 components to a link;
    the anchor - <A HREF=
    the URL - "location on the web" don't forget those quotations
    the > before the object or type being affected as a link

and of course, the closing tag = </A>

Funny how an improperly formed tag can affect nothing in some cases, and everything on others.
    You got it, just have to make those tags 1 step at a time.

FYI: Notepad does rule, simply because it allows no shortcuts, BS, interference or distractions. It's quick, and foolproof, does the job well. Until you proceed to the point where your HTML page exceeds the maximum capacity of Notepad there is no need for anything else.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

screen shot of what it was supposed to be.
    And yes I do know how to make one of those words a moving link.
    And will check it out RoSWeLL Thanx for adding to my confusion
    I just didn't want everything to be a link!

The more confusion the more I'm learning, what to do and/or not to do

Yah so that's what it looked like.

I couldn't be bothered to d/l it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Yah so that's what it looked like.

I couldn't be bothered to d/l it. :D

What does d/l mean?I think I like this Flash 32 I have,its kinda fun,at least using it with a purpose!

I really need to learn how to resize properly, and

boundries for my sig scroll, so only in defined area. I could take awhile to look it up, but I'm learnin somethings online now, so how do ya do it? give me a qwiky answer,can ya?
    and screenshot of desk top. Using Paint shop pro7

Quote Originally Posted by RoSWeLL
    Hey TwizlZone,

Try a bit of dhtml head over to www.dynamicdrive.com and try a few samples out u can make great menus and learn some cool stuff :thumb:
    :cheers:
    Hey way cool RoSWell
    I love it!!! :cheers:

<font face=gaze color= purple size=4>Something I just noticed. Kinda cool if ya ask me.
    But now that I do know a little about html, and I have all of you,(u know who you all are!! )to answer my questions, suggest and help me learn, and even hook me up with cool stuffs.
    I'm knowing this to be true:.............This place and preview before posting, is the best way to practice what you've learned!</font>
    <font face=gaze Color= blue SIZE=6><a href= "http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Errors/404.asp?404;Wanna Get Laid?</font>

<font face=gaze size=3>Funny thing is, I went for one thing, but another thing happened in this post.(Ganna stop 4 now) Someone probably can figure out what I did wrong, but until I give up, I wanna try to figure it out myself. Might take me some time, but I wanna try K?</font>

Pooo I almost did it with out any errors on page
    Better stop while I'm ahead

I'm thinkin that RoSWell hooked me up good, and now Its time to use 1st page, to learn how to apply. thanx RoSWell:smokin: :cheers:

<A HREF="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Errors/404.asp?404">Wanna get laid?</A>

Those links are giving you a bit of difficulty, eh?
    I remember my first attempt at a web page. I knew jack about HTML, but I had this copy of Front Page that came with the IE4 disk. Easy enough, right?
    So's I figure I'll go make me a link - being as that is the backbone component of a page, the workhorse that enables navigation and all.
    The Window pops open and reads, "Enter Anchor Here".:confused:

"Wha' the shi???"

Well, about 42 sites and a bit of study later, I'm in the trusty Notepad making links like nobody's business.
    Funny what a bit of learning can do:thumb:

Thanks for the screenshot, it looks way cooler on your PC than it does on mine

You just need to approach those links 1 step at a time;
    1.) <A HREF=      that is the part that tells the browser that a hypertext reference is being anchored. (plain english, a link is starting here)

2.) "http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Errors/404.asp?404">      that is the URL that is requested by the browser when the hypertext reference is called. (plain english, when someone clicks the link - this is where they go)

3.) Wanna get laid?      this is the object displayed that will serve as the hypertext. (plain english, this is what the person surfing will see as a link)

4.) </A>      this is the close tag for the hypertext reference. (plain english, stop all that stuff - I'm moving on to something else now)

Just need to take it 1 step at a time TwizlZone, basically you got the idea - just needs a bit of polish and you'll be rockin'.

<A HREF="http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Errors/404.asp?404">Wanna get laid?</A>
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information