Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help me get my new system QuiCK!!!

Ok, I need SERIOUSLY loads of help fast!

Im getting a new computer, and I have around 1000 to spend, BUT I need to get a monitor etc and the rest, and the machine i saw is a compaq, but it has a DVD+RW and i want DVD-RW what is better ???

I want to do this

Programming all languages( VB, VB.NET, C, C++, JAVA)
    Firewire ( movie editing)
    Playing Games
    5+ PCI Slots
    Good Graphics Card
    GOOD motherboard
    Fast CPU at least 2.8ghz (AMD or P4)
    a motherboard that will have USB 2 etc
    Good sound card,

I just need a new system that can do everything for me fast and at a good price can someone help me pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Plus i need about 5 + USB Ports, should i just get that compaq?!

BTw it must have a decent monitor good case everything
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

I would suggest not getting the compaq under any circumstances :thumbs do

If you go the AMD route:
    try an Epox 8RDA+ (or 8RDA3+ if you can find it)
    Barton 2500+ cpu, which will most likely o/c to somewhere between 2800+ and 3200+ :thumb:

For Intel:
    Canterwood based mobo
    800 FSB P4, 2.4 Ghz is supposed to be a very good o/c cpu and its much less than a 2.8 or 3.0 :flames:

Plus(either AMD or Intel):
    Corsair PC3200 or PC3500 RAM, get 2 sticks in order to use dual channel
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (regular or Platinum)
    R9700 Pro

either AMD or Intel thats a damn nice base system just add hdd, optical drives, etc. :cheers:

I would suggest you to build your new machine using parts that you order on the web. That way you can get a cheaper price for a machine that can perform mutch better and give you better compability for upgrades etc in the future.

A fast P4 cpu like the 2.8 ghz one on a good motherboard like asus, epox or gigabyte combined with 2 sticks of a brand memory like kingston, samsung or corsair will get you a machine that manages your tasks great and the SSE2 tasks even better.. :) (Movie editing)

I don't know if you ever built a computer by yourself but anyhow it's quite easy. :)

Also get yourself a Geforce4 Ti4200 or a Ati 9500pro, both are great cards and they will get you great gaming performance for a nice price.

Concerning your wish for 5 pci slots, usb2 and firewire there are many great motherboards from the brands I mentioned above that offers this futures..

Try and browse the web for some cheap yet reliable shop where you can have a look at the needed parts. Just ask if you have questions about some specifik parts that you found.

:cheers:

Thanks all any chance of you listing URL's and what exactly i;d need in the PC?
    Programmers Love games

The best two places to get all computer stuff I have found in my experiance are Newegg, and Directron. I would suggest you go with an AMD system, and get a 2500+ processor, with an Asus A7N8X deluxe w/ onboard firewire, onboard sound, and 2 onboard LAN!!! A great deal at that, and you could go dual RAM w/ 2 512 of PC3200 with all the money you would save! :afro: Newegg is having the Asus A7N8X deluxe on sale right now as we speak. Make sure you buy brand name memory for your Asus board though :) Good luck!

BTW: The onboard audio IMHO is better than an SBlive! and some people even compare it to an Audigy :)
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    XBoy[/size]]
    The best two places to get all computer stuff I have found in my experiance are Newegg, and Directron.
    They'd be good except....

06-02-2003 09:23 PM

You forgot that wiggo didnt ya hehehe :laugh:
    Programmers Love games

Beefy Guest

I think he was getting at the fact that you're in England... :)

Yes I was pointin' out that US links would be pretty useless to someone who lives in the UK. :D

can someone post a good system spec under 1000? i thought u ment the thread was old lol, pls post somthing
    Programmers Love games

Thread Information