Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gaming rig, any thoughts on things I should change?

I'm building it in about 6 weeks cause I'm waiting for the graphics card to hit the market in my small country and for some reviews on them to. Anyhow heres the specs I had in mind:

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.8GHz 512Kb 800MHz bulk/tray

Asus P4C800 i875P 4DDR-DIMM 5PCI SATA Audio GB-LAN

Two sticks of Corsair CMX512-3200C2 XMS3200 512Mb DDR PC3200 CAS2 400MHz with Heatsink

Either Asus or Creative 5900 Pro 256mb ddr tv-out (depending on market supply and upcoming reviews..)

ASUS CRW-5224A CD-RW 52x24x52x Black Retail intern IDE

Western Digital Caviar XL 80Gb 7200rpm Special Edition 8Mb cache UDMA100 IDE

Chieftec DX-01B-D Dragon Super MidiTower Black 360W

ViewSonic G90F 19" CRT Black

Black keyboard

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (optical 6000Hz)

4x80 mm system fans

I think I will stay away from sata a bit longer, quite expensive drives etc..

As for the sound it isn't decided yet but probably a surround system from Logitech combined with either onboard 6 channel audio or a nice audigy2 depending on their price..

But will the psu be enough for this system specs..:?:

Any comments? Good or bad.. :)

/THX

Err.......i wuold up that Powern supply to at least a 450W

The thing is that I don't really know if the psu's that are sold within those Chieftec cases are of a good brand or not. Are they making their own units or are they just buying the cheapest crap there is and mount it in their cases..

:shrug:

Well, Ive never heard of em installing crap power supplies, but Id still get a 450W

maybe your right, I don't want it to suffer from lack of power if I do some oc and stuff.. Or if I add some other hardware later on like a dvd player etc.. :(

I'd have to agree with getting a bigger PSU. There are plenty of cases available without a PSU pre-installed. At least that way you can pick out your own PSU of choice.

I'd also recomend taking a look at a mobo that supports sata (i didn't look that mobo up, so I don't know if it does or not) and getting am sata hdd (seagate has a 120 GB sata 7200rpm drive for about $180 US)

i figure parallel ata is getting phased out an i doubt you want to get stuck with a HDD you can't use next time you upgrade your mobo
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I would be going the new Raptor WD drives that spin at 10k RPM

It all looks good to me. 9800 pro 256mgs might be better though:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

so is that one of the best p4 mobo's out @ the moment? might pick one up myself, still got my p4 2.53 sitting here -_-

Quote Originally Posted by stainXzero
    so is that one of the best p4 mobo's out @ the moment? might pick one up myself, still got my p4 2.53 sitting here -_-
    Im a IC7-G / IS7-G fan :) Abit of course :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information