Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Building new machine :D

But need help

What parts should i get espacially Motherboard, CPU (I want INTEL P4 3ghz i found one already :) ) and what PSU???? and CASE??? Im not to sure myself please help!

btw this is the CPU :D

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...&view=detailed
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieVen
    More details are needed. how much $$ do u have to spend, and what do u intedn to use the system for?

I would suggest going with the P4 3.0C processor, and some type of Springdale board, then just use a BIOS update to get the PAT boost. Check out the News on the TT home page for some baords including those BIOS updates.

That cpu is running with the older 533 fsb (B type) and isn't the best buy IMHO.

Get yourself a 800 fsb cpu instead, you can go for a slightly slower speed and it will still be a better buy. Try an find a I865 based mobo that uses dual ddr400 they are fast and cheap. :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieVen
    More details are needed. how much $$ do u have to spend, and what do u intedn to use the system for? is that a p43.06B or3C?
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i was told is that i would need a p4 with hyper threading as they are very good!!!

Can someone make me a mock system please, i wanna be able to play the latest and forthcoming games np! and have 1 gig ddr ram, DVD-RW and maybe DVD - & + together with CD RW?

I want to burn xbox backups ps2 backups and of course dvd movies for home use, my younger brothers love cd's :mad: and now that i've lost wwe raw to the wrestling 2 yr old that upsets me that 40 of my money is gone, i will even scan it for you if u dont believe me, halo is another title that he pulled apart! and i got made and decided to help him after it broke i managed to get a backup of that one though :(

4x is nice, i would only play games like, doom 3, espcially flight simulaotr counter strike, mafia, and the other few good games, i want to have

I would only really play flight simulator 2002, 2004 when it comes out i love flight simulation games, i'd do alot of graphic design in photoshop, programming in visual basic, C++ asm etc so i need power to run my applications etc, i do multimedia editing every once and a while and like to create divx / xvids of my dvd movies for my computer to watch over network to xbox when i want to watch a movie so i just stream it on my xbox to watch on the tv :)

I use my pc for everything so i want it to hold ALOT of hdd space for my backups too! like xbox games, that i own originals and i do own them anyone wanting to fight with me just try i'll show u the originals i dont need piracy

So can someone help me out i have around 1000 to spend need a NICE fast system prefereably 160 gig hdd 7200rpm

P4 3 gig?
    5/6 PCI slots
    On board sound???? or should i get PCI card????
    BTW this price doesnt include a monitor hopefully it will have the speakers with this price though!!!!! i already have a keyboard and mouse i dont have a clue about the power supply and motherboard so can i have a 450w psu with motherboard? help me :(

I also have 2 NIC's and a USB ADSL Modem so prefereably a NICE case and also USB 2.0 x 4 / 6? (6 or 4 usb2 ports?)
    I also have a TV Card anbd future upgrades and additional crap for PCI i want it to have a nice capable gfx CARD!!! Somthing new! and thats gonna last me a few years 2/3 yr's

Also, pc must be to stay on for like a week and must be stable this pc will have Windows XP on it! so i dont want any crappy hardware that dont work with xp :D
    Programmers Love games

The ASUS P4P800 is a really cool new board. It has the 865pe chipset and support the new 800MHz P4s and has Dual DDR and 8x AGP.
    http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

If you get an 865 chipset board and want to have a system that will be good for years, I'd go for the P4 3.0C which runs at 800MHz bus, instead of 533 like the 3.06.

As far as a video card, the Radeon 9800 Pro seems nice and the new GeForce FX 9500 should be shipping soon. On board sound is good. It really depends on what you're going to do. If you're just doing some gaming and listning to music I think its okay. But, if you're going to spend the money on 5.1 or 6.1 speakers I'd say go for the Audigy 2 so you can play games with EAX, which is a surround format for games and a lot of games supports that now. Plus you'd be able to play DVD-Audio, which I'm now hooked on. As far as a case, I like the Cooler Masters and the new Wave Master looks really cool.
    http://www.coolermaster.com/ad/wavesite.html

I'd go for an Antec TruPower power supply. They're very quiet and have a special plug for your case fans to run them at a lower speed so they're quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak
    The ASUS P4P800 is a really cool new board. It has the 865pe chipset and support the new 800MHz P4s and has Dual DDR and 8x AGP.
    http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

If you get an 865 chipset board and want to have a system that will be good for years, I'd go for the P4 3.0C which runs at 800MHz bus, instead of 533 like the 3.06.

As far as a video card, the Radeon 9800 Pro seems nice and the new GeForce FX 9500 should be shipping soon. On board sound is good. It really depends on what you're going to do. If you're just doing some gaming and listning to music I think its okay. But, if you're going to spend the money on 5.1 or 6.1 speakers I'd say go for the Audigy 2 so you can play games with EAX, which is a surround format for games and a lot of games supports that now. Plus you'd be able to play DVD-Audio, which I'm now hooked on. As far as a case, I like the Cooler Masters and the new Wave Master looks really cool.
    http://www.coolermaster.com/ad/wavesite.html

I'd go for an Antec TruPower power supply. They're very quiet and have a special plug for your case fans to run them at a lower speed so they're quiet.
    You just summed it up very clear thanks m8!
    That mobo looks fantastic!
    What sorta power supply should i get and also what sort of case and how would i fit on/off plugs i cant also seem to see the max amount of ram that board holds :S
    Programmers Love games

Abit's IS7 is a good (Springdale) 865PE motherboard as well.

More information

Thread Information