Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: different ram manufactures

hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade some hardware, memory specificly (2x 256)

can some one tell me what the difference is between Corsair XMS and Value Select? I know Value doesn't include a heat speader, but what else is different

does anyone have any experience with GeIL? or OCZ?

I've heard OCZ is good, i even think TT had a blip about some a while back...but I'm just looking for a real opinon

I'm using Kingston atm, but it doesn't OC very well...is that normal or did I get a a bad batch? I've always been a OC nut, but I don't want to pay too much of a premium for good memory

I'm also planing on ordering a 2600+ unless someone can give me a damn good reason to get a 2500 barton instread

I'm always open to suggestions, so shoot away ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

the Corsair XMS is much better than their value select, its designed to run faster with better timings, and is generally more likely to be able to reach even faster than rated speeds :thumb: Overall the Corsair XMS is the best memory out there, but like most good things u gotta pay a premium price :( :rolleyes:

For the last few weeks I've been looking at this very subject, I've narrowed it down to these four.

Corsair (1)
    OCZ (3)
    GeIL (4)
    Mushkin (2)

thanks guys..I already knew that about XMS, I was just hoping for something more specific

Thanks weta, just how much time do you spend researching this stuff? It seems like you have a highly informative post about something new every few days.
    i don't know how you find the time :cheers:

I'm in the process of upgrading my system and want to get some decent memory this time around. 1GB of PC3500 Dual Channel, trouble is it's expensive and I don't want to make a mistake. Corsair is popular, it's also the most expensive, I'll probably end up going for either Mushkin or OCZ. But having said that, GeIL's Golden Dragon concept is quite interesting. (walks back to the drawing board)

All my top PC's use XMS memory. :thumb: :devil win

Well there ya have it.. wiggo uses XMS so go with that :p

I hate to break it to you, but just because Wiggo uses a certain product doesn't automaticly make it gold... although I do highly respect his opinions and experience I'm not going to jump on something just because he uses it or recomends it :)

Exactly. He swears by Epox, whereas I'm not really too hot on them. Just because something works well for someone doesn't mean it will for you. Having said that, you'll find it far and very few between anyone who can knock Corsair RAM in it's quality. Price, yes.
    To each his own.

what do u guys think of this Ultra Extreme Memory 256MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz?

Thread Information