Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered this heap, comments?

- AMD XP 2500+ - 333MHz Barton Core - $160.00
    - Antec SX1040B-II Black File Server Tower case 400w PS - $220.00
    - Asus A7N8X Deluxe - nFORCE2, DDR400, AGP8X, Soundstorm, S-ATA RAID, Dual LAN, 2 x Firewire, 6 x USB - $270.00
    - 2x Kingmax 256mb DDR PC-3200, Cas 2.5 - $85.00
    - Logitech Elite Keyboard - $79.00
    - Logitech MX-500 Optical Mouse - $79.00

TOTAL: $1030.00

This is going to be coupled with a:

Gigabyte Maya 64mb Radeon 9000 (i know its a bit light, but it will have to do)
    40gb Western Digital 7200rpm 2mb
    80gb Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb

what do you guys think? i wasnt sure whether to get the 2500+ or the 2600+ but i chose the 2500+...bad choice? :confused:

ta. :thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

My thoughts are you should drop one of the hard drives, get a cheaper keyboard and mouse, and spend the extra dough on a better graphics card.

The 9000 has a lot of problems, even with the latest Catalyst 3.5s. If you're a gamer you want a better graphics card.

Beefy Guest

You should have told me you were looking. I could have sold you an MX-700 mouse at a bargain price. ;)

Tis a shame about the video card though. PI was right, something better would have been nice.

yeah i know the 9000 isnt that great. :(

the problem is ive had it for ages, same with the hdd's. they are coming out of this PC and into the new one.

even if i dropped the expensive keyboard/mouse and get say a Microsoft optical deal ($60) i wouldnt have enough to get a new video card.

thanks for the comments guys.

oh yeah beefy, i shoulda done that...whats wrong with your MX-700? arent they pretty good...something must be wrong with it if u want to get rid of it ;) :p
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    My thoughts are you should drop one of the hard drives, get a cheaper keyboard and mouse, and spend the extra dough on a better graphics card.

The 9000 has a lot of problems, even with the latest Catalyst 3.5s. If you're a gamer you want a better graphics card.
    if you look at his sig, he already owns them, so i assume hes using them for the moment while he gets more money

Ti4200 cards with 128 mb of mem can be had from $120 us and up, at least here I dunno bout Australia.. :shrug:

a new vid card is next on the list, however it'll be maybe a 9700 or the Geforce equivalent. (i have a thing for ATI at the mo ;) )

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thoric
    oh yeah beefy, i shoulda done that...whats wrong with your MX-700? arent they pretty good...something must be wrong with it if u want to get rid of it ;) :p
    I made the mistake of listening to all the reviews instead of trying the mouse before I bought it. The way I hold the mouse doesn't quite work in with the contouring on the right hand side of the mouse. So much so that it gets painful after a while. It's a damn fine mouse, and I wish I could use it, but I couldn't.

ah ok well theres a waste of $150 :(

it looks good and i hear nothing but good things, i hope i dont have the same prob.

Yeah sorry didn't notice you already own some of those items :)

When you get the extra dough, get a better graphics card. Otherwise you should enjoy that rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information