Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: New Rig :) i think i decided it...




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Processor: Amd Athlon XP 2600+ boxed 114e
    Motherboard: Epox 8RDA+ 104,9e
    Memory: 1x Samsung 512MB DDR 333MHz 87e
    HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80GB 85e
    Video card: Club 3D Radeon 9700 222e
    Case: Antec PlusView 1000AMG 99,5e
    Power supply: Antec True Power 430W 119e
    CD-Rom drive: Aopen 52x 25,9e
    Mouse: Logitech MX300 Optical Mouse 37e
    Keyboard: Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard SE 43e

    = 937,3e
    1e = ~1$

    What do you think?

    *im not going to o/c the processor*

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Ya'd be cripplin' the system with only one stick of memory as ya need two to make use of the dual channel memory setup otherwise ya stuck with KT400/A performance and I'd get PC3200 (DDR400) as a minimum rating with the XP2600+ (I run PC3500 on mine).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Antec PlusView 1080AMG comes with the TruePower 430w so it could save you some money, there's no side window but you could probably pick up a windowed side panel for it later on.
    Why no WD hard drive?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,489

    Default

    Similar setup on a rig i built recently and one i built a while back for my friend...tho i went with 2 x 256mb of memory to make use of the dual channel feature. Also i went with a Western Digial Sp. Edition Hard Drive with 8mb of cache.

    You mention you plan on overclocking what Heatsink are ya going to use...may suggest the Volcano 7+ great copper HS and F for the right price.
    - Damien

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    You mention you plan on overclocking what Heatsink are ya going to use...may suggest the Volcano 7+ great copper HS and F for the right price.
    he said he is NOT planning on OC
    Quote Originally Posted by aZe^
    *im not going to o/c the processor*
    but I also agree that you should get 2x DDR to get the best performance out of your setup
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    40

    Default

    but I also agree that you should get 2x DDR to get the best performance out of your setup
    unless he's planning on sticking in another 512 later on :)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi_max2k
    unless he's planning on sticking in another 512 later on :)
    Yep im planning on an another 512mb stick.

    400MHz DDR would be too fast for that machine, wouldnt it? the mobo speed is 333mhz :P

    Or ... well, you say it :?: i dont know much about memory and mobo's.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi_max2k
    Antec PlusView 1080AMG comes with the TruePower 430w so it could save you some money, there's no side window but you could probably pick up a windowed side panel for it later on.
    Why no WD hard drive?
    What the hell is a WD hard drive, i just look at the size and rpm :cry:

  9. Default

    WD is western digital

    personally I stay away from those seagates now as I've had 3 go bad on me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aZe^
    Yep im planning on an another 512mb stick.

    400MHz DDR would be too fast for that machine, wouldnt it? the mobo speed is 333mhz :P

    Or ... well, you say it :?: i dont know much about memory and mobo's.
    400mhz wouldn't be too much at all...it allows your other periphals to have access to the extra bandwidth without fighting the CPU for it
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •