Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Barton 2500+ or Tbred 2600+

What are the pro's and cons, considering the clock speed, will a 2500 barton outperform a 2600 tbred (if not, how about if both are at the same speed?)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

at same speed barton ownz tb

only difference between barton and t-bred is there is 2x L2 cache on the barton

so at the same clock speeds, the barton would outperform the t-bred. IMO, the barton is the better cpu for OC if that is what you are going for :2cents:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

does the barton core run cooler?

i'm more worried about noise than overclockability as the mobo this will be in isn't a top overclocker and i think ~2ghz is enough (especially when it's only my secondary machine and my main machine has a tbred 2600+) I just want it to be relatively quiet or give me the ability to run minimalistic cooling
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

I'm not much of an AMD fan, but ya might wanna take that 2600 T-Bred out of your main machine and put it in your secondary machine, then buy a 2500 Barton for your main machine; cause, from what I've heard, they are superior, especially when o/cing. Good luck tho. : peace2: Mista K6.
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Thread Information