Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need more power

i currently have a 250 watt power supply and i bought a grip of stuff for my pc and i'm not sure if my power supply can support all of it..... my new system is:

amd tb 950mhz (not o/c yet)
    ocz goliath w/ ystech hsf
    visiontek geforce3 w/ crystal orb
    netgear 10/100 nic
    2 sunon 80cm case fans
    1 slot fan
    1 50x cd-rom
    1 2/2/24 cd-rw
    1 40 gig
    1 20 gig
    1 ati tv wonder ve

and a partidge in a pear tree...

(of course there's the normal, keyboard,and mouse, and usb printer, and scanner (printer port),headphones)

would my 250 watt support it or would i need to buy a new power supply... preferebbly an enermax whisper 300 or 350 watts????

please help... Thanks in advanced

Beefy Guest

I'd been running an Athlon 1.1 with heaps of extras and case fans and stuff off a 250W PSU.. so don't get too worried yet. If you plan on doing any OC'ing though, or want to be on the safe side, then definitely invest in a larger PSU... It's your choice what you get. If you can afford it, go for a 350W - 400W PSU. That way, you'll never have to worry about lack of power again.

I would use at least a 300W for safety's sake..... what brand is your PSU Beefy? If it's a good 250W model it may be OK, but I think 300W will be more appropriate. Or even splurge on a 350W - they're quite cheap these days as well :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Beefy Guest

I've had two systems running off dodgy, generic 250W PSUs... haven't had a problem with either...

You're a very lucky boy then!

i might just go with the new power supply cuz i need some y cables and the enermax comes with about 6 or 7 plugs (i only have 4)

Enermax powers supplies are also very conservatively rated..... for example if you pay for a 300W model is might power up to 360W - they are Darth's choice!

Thread Information