Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Whats a good 19in' or better monitor?

I'm not looking for LCD just a good monitor worthy its price tag. Has anyone ran across a great buy or better yet have one at home you'd never give up? Links please.

A price range that you're willing to pay would be helpful here.

--> Moving to the right forum <--
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ion=24-001-119

$189 shipped. Phenomonal deal.

If you don't want the silver/black one, you can get a full beige version for another 20 bucks.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

the best deals can be found at local large retailers my friend bought a 19" flat crt Viewsonic monitor for $189cdn. it was a demo model but who cares he even got the exctended service for it for free so if it dies back it goes

i went with a planar medical grade monitor.

17" lcd and i love it. wouldn't give it up for nuthin.
    (well don't hold me to that but it would take a lot lol.)

www.planar.com for info (not a plug or spam)
    Hope this helps
    Night

Im sorry but I have to put in the good word for Sony's CRT range.

I own a g420 (19") and I must say that it is absolutely wonderful, it's refresh rates are great. Overall look and feel are great.

Unless you are LANning, LCD may be the lighter option but, if you want better performance, you cannot beat the CRT's.

If you do swing towards the LCD side, I would suggest a samsung. My friend owns a Samsung Syncmaster 241MP 24 Inch TFT LCD Monitor.

It is really a beautiful site. Yet not everyone can afford such a beaut, so go for a lower model.

If you want great refersh rates and a high quality CRT, go for the G420.

Quote Originally Posted by m-kong
    Im sorry but I have to put in the good word for Sony's CRT range.

I own a g420 (19") and I must say that it is absolutely wonderful, it's refresh rates are great. Overall look and feel are great.

Unless you are LANning, LCD may be the lighter option but, if you want better performance, you cannot beat the CRT's.

If you do swing towards the LCD side, I would suggest a samsung. My friend owns a Samsung Syncmaster 241MP 24 Inch TFT LCD Monitor.

It is really a beautiful site. Yet not everyone can afford such a beaut, so go for a lower model.

If you want great refersh rates and a high quality CRT, go for the G420.
    I totally agree with you. I'm a gamer so CRT is not only the best way for me to go pricewise but they look alot better in my opinion for video games. I own a couple LCD displays but I think they are a fairly good sized step down in quality for a good video game experience unless you happen to be loaded$$$, I want to upgrade one of my LCD monitors to a good old fashioned CRT monitor. I really have no intrest in LCD right now since I do not need to be space conservative anymore. I just want a big, bright, energy hogging CRT monitor.:geek:

Look at my previous suggestion for a top of the line 19 inch. Its very hard to beat that deal online, once you consider the shipping. Beating it locally is possibly, but certainly not at any chain store. And not by much, anywhere.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thread Information