Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well this is the thread, what should we buy?

If ya want a budget system mobo then look at the ASUS A7N266-VM but leave that ECS totally alone as from personal experience it's a POS.

Well heres what we got:

512 stick of PC2100 CL2 Apacer Ram
    Geforce ti4200 128 DDR Chaintech video card

I hope the ECS can handle, and the parts are in good condition :D
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Your ECS will be fine. Don't worry about it.
    My wifes computer had a K7S5A in it about a year ago and I ran the same thing, a Ti4200 and PC2100 in it for a while until I upgraded one of my other computers and gave her one of my old boards.
    I then used the ECS to build my sister a surfing computer(her friend ripped her off and took her old system I built to "upgrade" it to a board with ISA, no PCI and stuff, HE WAS HAPPY THAT FUK!! He took her mobo, ram, cpu, and traded it for some CRAP).
    Anyway, I built her a computer with spare parts I had laying around. It is a great computer for her, it lets her check her email!
    I am currently building her a new one, with my wifes old 1600+pali.

Anyway, your bro's computer will do what it needs to for the time being. I am sure when he gets some more money you guys will upgrade the mobo and whatever else you can along the way.

Have fun,
    Chez

This is the "real world". Not everybody can buy an A7N8X del, with a TT 7+ HSFan, ect. ect. ect.
    Just because an ECS is not the best, doesn't mean it doesn't WORK.
    SOMETIMES people just have to make due with they have, and should be able to be HAPPY when they have a few bucks to upgrade an item or two!!!:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29

Just because an ECS is not the best, doesn't mean it doesn't WORK.
    SOMETIMES people just have to make due with they have, and should be able to be HAPPY when they have a few bucks to upgrade an item or two!!!:cheers:
    You sure hit the nail on the head :D After ripping apart his Doggie case (got it for 35 bucks w/ power supply @ my local comp. shop. I might work there soon, and the guy is cool :D Heres a link to the doggie case if you want to see it :). Anyway everything seems to be working great and my bro is probably playing Day of Defeat right now. A nice upgrade once again from NewEgg! :afro:
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

XBOY..........................after reviewing that little doggie case, I have got to say.

THE NEXT THING YOU GUYS UPGRADE NEEEEEEEDDDDDDSSSSSSSS TO BE A NEW CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.directron.com has some nice cases WITH windows for $35-$50!
    You can also click on one of the items in my sig to get you to the site.

THAT DOGGIE CASE HAS GOT TO GO.!!!

Chez:cheers:

XBOY..........................after reviewing that little doggie case, I have got to say.

THE NEXT THING YOU GUYS UPGRADE NEEEEEEEDDDDDDSSSSSSSS TO BE A NEW CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Teh Doggie c4s3 pwns j00. :afro:
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Teh Doggie c4s3 pwns j00.
    Is there an ENGLISH transistion for that? ? ?

Chez

Is there an ENGLISH transistion for that? ? ?

Chez
    Yes there actually is:

The Doggie case owns.
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information