Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual monitor video

The Matrox cards are great but they're also pricey :( ie, out of budget.

Is the tv out on the radeon cards anygood or is it also pretty bad ? I forgot to mention, I'm now thinking of ditching the s-video idea and just using straight composite tv out.

Might have a play around and see what I can come up with, thanx guys !
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Lander
    The 8500 is a very nice card. I love mine, and will probably get another one to finalize my other rig;)

Hello Everyone:

I purchased ATI RADEON VE 32 Meg and did so because it would support Dual Monitors. At the time I was not ready to install the second monitor so I did not pay real close attention however AFTER the fact I believe the card I received is NOT capable of supporting Dual Monitors... THERE is NO place to plug the additional port onto the main board! So I am starting over... BUT one problem I took the ATI Video Card out of another system to put it on the one that I wanted to use for dual monitor use. And the card would not fire up and post! Both Motherboards are ABIT Boards it works on the ABIT KR7A-RAID but not the ABIT KT7E board... Any ideas or suggestions would be most helpful.

Many thanks in advance...

Daisy
    Think Outside the Box!

Normally you'll only get one card to post but once into Windows go into the advanced display settings which should allow you to pick up the second one. Also check that Windows sees the second card to and has no probs with it. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks Wiggo... I checked and both cards are reconized by the O/S. I think the answer lies in the fact that the S3ViRGE/VX Video card by Number 9 Technologies is out of date and no way that I
    know of to get a driver for it.

So I am researching the ABIT Siluro GeForce4Ti4200 card. Main
    issue is that whatever I buy HAS to be supported by the ABIT KT7E Motherboard.

I am not sure that is the one I need or not. It seems to be more for Gaming... which I do not do at all. I am strickly Business Apps.

Thanks

Daisy
    Think Outside the Box!

If gaming is not what you're looking at then check out the brand name GF2MX400's or GF4MX440/460's with the dual monitor option as they would probably be all ya need. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyMae
    Thanks Wiggo... I checked and both cards are reconized by the O/S. I think the answer lies in the fact that the S3ViRGE/VX Video card by Number 9 Technologies is out of date and no way that I
    know of to get a driver for it.

So I am researching the ABIT Siluro GeForce4Ti4200 card. Main
    issue is that whatever I buy HAS to be supported by the ABIT KT7E Motherboard.

I am not sure that is the one I need or not. It seems to be more for Gaming... which I do not do at all. I am strickly Business Apps.

Thanks

Daisy
    Thanks Wiggo! I will check it out...

Daisy
    Think Outside the Box!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information