Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK I got $3000 to spend now what do i get

drenader: Abit's IC7-MAX3 is the motherboard to get, but it won't be out until the middle of August.

Yeah i think i am gonna go with the Lian-Li PC-70 Aluminum case. Will keep you all updated i am in the process of buying this and that, this will be a 3 month project so i am buying as I go.

I was told never to buy a mother board right when it comes out. TO always wait for the revisions witch are cheaper and better.

Quote Originally Posted by drenader
    I was told never to buy a mother board right when it comes out. TO always wait for the revisions witch are cheaper and better.
    you should thank whoever told you that, it's good advice :thumb:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

5. Default

Nice thread here as I'm gonna be buying parts for a completely new system as well but one thing I'm gonna get that wasnt mentioned on here was a UPS....I've learned my lesson that one with all the thunderstorms and power surges we got down here... course I'm going AMD way verses Intel....

also gonna get me a nice LCD flat screen 17" monitor to boot :)

Ive never had any bad luck without a UPS, although i should look into one would be a good investment.

Ok so far i have purchased:
    Case: CASE TT|10 ATXF XASER III V1420D RT
    Harddrive: Maxtor 160GB 8mb cache 7200RPM

I am in the process of buying everything else. I am running low on funds, i am trying to make this into a $1500 computer now. But for the time being i will just use the video card and monitor from my old system until i save enough to buy new ones. I have some questions though, is the motherboard i selected earlyer in this thread a good choice? And what Brand of memory should i use?

Screw all these PATA HDD. Get a Western Digital WD360GD(or something like that) Raptor. You would definetly need 2 of them since they only have 36.7 GBs of space. Then you can back them up with a WD1200JB (120GB, 8MB buffer,7200 RPM, ATA100)
    The Raptors specs are 36.7 GB, 10,000!!! RPM, S-ATA:D :D , and 8 MB buffer

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

There $130 each :snip: , but if you have atleast 2000 $$$ to spend on a system you should be fine
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

drenader: Yes that is good advice, and exactly what I do myself, but in this case the IC7-MAX3 is very heavily based on Abit's IC7-G, one of the best Intel 875 motherboards available.

What is that ice colored plastic cover starting from the keyboard and mouse ports?...
    - Damien

FLaCo: That's Abit's OTES cooling system, designed to draw the heat away from the CPU, particularly useful if you have a 103 watt Prescott processor installed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information