Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which PDA to buy?

Which PDA to buy?

I wanna buy a PDA...i like the Palm Tungsten T2...very small...but what about those pocket pc's...they look kinda cool having a mini version of windows in em...and 64 MB of SDRAM.

A buddy told me tho that Palms out perform them any how...:shrug:

Anyway...if someone has exclusive info ...or has had any experience with them...or even a link of comparisons...it would appreciated...thx
    - Damien

They have really come down in price, so it really is about personal preference. Most of the top-of-the-line ones are all really equal.
    I have a Palm VII and love it, and it is a couple years old.
    I would go more by aestetics/price if I was to purchase a new one.

Chez

Well i would prolly go with the T2 cuaz of its size. But i just would like to know what is up with both OS's Palm OS 5.2.1 and Pocket PC 2003...even tho PDA's don't need all that power...Ipaq's carry an Intel 400Mhz..only one Tungsten have that.
    - Damien

One thing you also might want to consider is battery life. My Palm VIIx goes through alkalines fast as hell, and one reason I just don't use it.

Also consider what you'll be using it for. If you just want to play around with one, I don't see a real good reason to spend $500 USD on a PDA just to play with---unless you're independently wealthy.

Yea i know...right now i am not sure if i will get used to one...so i might just getting a Tungsten T...just trying to weigh out if its worth it shelling out another 60 for the T2.
    - Damien

I have a Handspring model myself. It uses the Palm OS so is compatible with all the cool utilities available, it has a slot for add-on components for increased functionality and it also has rechargeable batteries installed so it is easy to recharge it when it starts to get low on juice.

But its really all about personal preference. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I've got the IPAQ with pocket PC2002. I use it to sync my life between work and home.

I really comes down to what you want to do with the PDA. If you plan on just keeping a date book, then go with something simple.

I like the fact that I have word, excel and access cause I move these files back and forth from work with it.

I also go on line with it when I am out of town. It has all sorts of accessories for giving presentations and adding PC cards.

It's a bit large to just grab and carry though.

I read an article from the Wall Street Journal..where an editor made up 10 or so documents on word,excel with palm's Documents to go and Pocket pc 's verson. He is claiming that after sync the word documents go nutz and spreadsheet and tables are every where fonts don't stay to their style etc on the Pocket Pc yet Palm's document to go is faithful to the document before and after sync...also palm's software supports Powerpoint.

Here is the link...Wall Street Journal Article
    - Damien

Remember though, you have to add in the extra $69 for the cost of the documents to go software if your PDA doesn't come with it.

Chez

Right i know...but all the Palms in the Tungsten series...include the Professional Package.

I think i am gonna with one the Tungsten T's but man which one...you have that 269, and the T2 which is 334 ...the latest Palm os, new Media play back, a better Display screen...double the memory...whatcha guys think...?
    - Damien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information