Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I got my speakers... Now for a good soundcard!

Quote Originally Posted by aznx
    audigy2s arent THAT good, overrated..
    ^ :rofl: ^

have you SEEN the terratec dmx 6fire 24/96??!?!?!!? makes an audigy look like crap
    ^ :rofl: :rofl: ^

umm, the m-audio and the other lower terratec cards cant compare to the dmx 6fire. its an insane card

my friend owns one, does track mixing, audio mastering, everything, audiophile 1337ness. i asked him, he was like, it beats ANY audigy card :zzz: so why bother? if your going to use lossless quality music files, then why not use the best soundcard too, i know its a bit more expensive though.

plus, there arent that many other good cards out there, atleast not with that many output/input holes, lol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by XBoy
    [B]Beefy does the Audigy have a digital optical out and/or a digital coaxial out? If it does I am sold but otherwise I don't think it's worth it/

Dude, it sounds like you are only interested in a high quality sound card.....the kind I am talking about that musicians use to record music in a studio on a digital audio workstation! If that's the case, you may be getting into the 300 to 500 dollar range! I know because I am a musician and the kind of cards that have what you describe are usually used in digital recording. I am not saying you cannot get a cheaper card with those options on them, but if you are wanting a high quality sound you usually get what you pay for. IMHO.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

[b]

Dude, it sounds like you are only interested in a high quality sound card.....the kind I am talking about that musicians use to record music in a studio on a digital audio workstation! If that's the case, you may be getting into the 300 to 500 dollar range! I know because I am a musician and the kind of cards that have what you describe are usually used in digital recording. I am not saying you cannot get a cheaper card with those options on them, but if you are wanting a high quality sound you usually get what you pay for. IMHO.
    Nawww I am looking for the best Sound Card I can possibly get for <$100 dollars. After that amount of money they really don't benifit your consumer all that much but are rather geared at the people like you musicians who need to record the music. I just looked at that price tag for that dmx terratec card that guy posted and the price is outrageous! <$100 people geeze, when I said I wanted the best, I meant the best for my buck :P Not a freaking uber-duper-super-quad54-terrafloping-dong-dropping card. Just one that sounds REALLY nice :)
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

you live in like america (maybe?), you get what you pay for. say you buy a honda civic racing it against a ferrari, no way you'll get the same performance. even on a dodge viper. so if you want good/elite stuff, you have to spend money, or you just end up with uber-gay-overrated-crap like the audigy2 :p

or you just end up with uber-gay-overrated-crap like the audigy2 :p
    Wtf, nothing and i mean nothing can beat an Audigy2 card for home users with some kind of budget to stick to..

Your statement makes me wonder if ya mom dropped you on ya head when ya were an infant.. :laugh:

Actually listen to this guy, he claims the Audigy2 is like the honda in this race..
    Man your wasted.. : omg:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Wtf, nothing and i mean nothing can beat an Audigy2 card for home users with some kind of budget to stick to..

Your statement makes me wonder if ya mom dropped you on ya head when ya were an infant.. :laugh:

Actually listen to this guy, he claims the Audigy2 is like the honda in this race..
    Man your wasted.. : omg:

i've heard an audigy2 with a z-680, my friend has that setup, its ok, the reponse is soso compared to the klipsh + terratec setup my other friend has, its just personal experience. chill out tweaker..geez..

i've heard an audigy2 with a z-680, my friend has that setup, its ok, the reponse is soso compared to the klipsh + terratec setup my other friend has, its just personal experience. chill out tweaker..geez..

Yeah, but then you could put up your friends sound card up against one of the $500.00 sound cards I mentioned and it would probably blow it away! It is all just personal preferance and what you need to use it for! If all you are doing is listening to mp3s and gaming, then an audigy 2 like I have is great! If you are wanting to go more in depth with recording features and use a $500.00 recording program like cubase VST then you would NEED a sound card that was more expensive. Again, it is all in what you are doing (and how picky you are about sound!) that will determine what kind of sound card and speaker setup you use. For what he was wanting it for, either the audigy or the klipsh would work! The reason I use soundblaster is because of it's strong reputation! This company has been making soundcards for computers for a very long time and I have not had a single problem with them! (unless you count the soundblaster live series.....but THAT was another animal altogether....the older ones didn't work with xp at all when it first came out!!)
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Wow people chiiiilllllll out!

Alright here is exactly what I am going to use my Sound Card for...

Listening to FLAC's
    Listening to Ogg's converted from the flacs
    Maybe some MAME stuff
    Maybe some Day of Defeat occasionally, and half life engine games...

As you can see it's mostly just for music. The question...

What is the best sub $100 card that I can buy that will allow me to hear my music in the best clarity possible for the money?
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Audigy2 non platinum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information