Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I got my speakers... Now for a good soundcard!

I just recieved my Logitech Z-680 speakers, and with my Asus A7N8X NVIDIA mcp onboard they are great, but why settle for great when there is excellence? The speakers I hear right now have MUCHO potential and are uber-nice. They have the option for digital optical and digital coaxial, so I definetly want a SC that will support either one of the two. As of now I am totally broke, and want something to save up for. I recieved the speakers as a birthday present only because I worked really hard with my dad this summer doing hauling jobs, and ALL the money went into my savings accound b/c it was drained from a big mistake I made (don't ask). Anyway my PC is going to become a Home Theater PC HTPC, and along with the speakers I just recieved my brother bought me the XP MCE remote control. My old 200 watt speakers are going to him so I guess it really wasn't a present ;). I feel so spoiled right now as these speakers are the ****, and $290 is a LOT to dish out for a birthday. Now I would like to purchase the best possible consumer card for music purposes possible. The card must have 5.1 support, and be less than $100 bucks. OEM or Retail it doesn't matter, but I want once again I want the best bang for my buck, and remember the thing has to have either digital optical or digital coaxial out support. LET THE RECOMMENDATIONS BEGIN! :bounce:
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

With sutch killer speakers you should consider an Audigy2 card.. :2cents:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    With sutch killer speakers you should consider an Audigy2 card.. :2cents:

i agree with the_tweaker, get the audigy 2,or if u have more dough,get a audigy 2 platnuim.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Or a hercules GameTheatreXP 7.1....
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Beefy Guest

I've got the 680s and an Audigy 2, and I'm very happy...

or...you could get a terratec soundcard, professional grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I've got the 680s and an Audigy 2, and I'm very happy...
    Beefy does the Audigy have a digital optical out and/or a digital coaxial out? If it does I am sold but otherwise I don't think it's worth it/ Good prices at Newegg and directron :D Seems like an excellent bang-for-the-buck deal, and thats what my whole system is :).

BTW: How much better do you think this thing will sound compared to my currenct Asus A7N8X onboard w/ analog 6 channels? I want this card as I said almost entirely for music, and all that I know is Floyd's DSoTM 30th Ann. SACD w/ 5.1 better sound stellar for the big bucks that I am spending on this system. From listening to the system so far it is great and has much potential, but I believe it can sound a lot better than it currently does.

Also what do you think the best option for listening to CD's / digital audio is? Stereo is good, Stereo2x sounds best, and Dolby Digial PL 2 is gread but the rear sounds too weak for my tastes. I am wondering if the Audigy2 might fix this?
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

audigy2s arent THAT good, overrated..

have you SEEN the terratec dmx 6fire 24/96??!?!?!!? makes an audigy look like crap :laugh:

http://productsen.terratec.net/modul...sid=3&menu=101

http://productsen.terratec.net/modul...rticle&artid=4

crap, your 100 bucks kills that right there, but audigy2s are still overrated..

I was also looking at the Terratec Space Sound 7.1 card, and the M-Audio Revolution. Those cards look good for music as does the one in the link you posted. I want this card primarily for music, and that's exactly what I want my money going to. Basically I have transformed my computer into a Home Theater PC much like XP's MEdia Center Edition PC's you can buy. I have the XP MCE edition phillips remote, the Logitech Z-680's, the myHTPC software, and I am working up a collection of classic rock! After more research I no longer feel the Audigy 2 is an excellent card for music. The thing really shines when it comes to gaming, but not for music... Keep the recommendations rolling in! Remember best bang for the buck and no more than $150 dollars! I want the *BEST* out of these Logitech Z680's when listening to some great Floyd, Zeppelin, Doors, Marley, etc. in FLAC lossless audio format. (If any people here interested mostly in classic rock are interested in obtaining albums that they ALREADY OWN in FLAC format please feel free to shoot me a PM) Well yeah I want the best of the best, and I guess if you play w/ the big-boys you gotta dish out the dough. A sub $100 card would be good, but Quality, then price. I don't care about extra software, or any of that stuff. I want to pay for a solid card, and get some cracker-crispy sound!

hello, hello, hello is there any audiophiles in here? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home? Well I can ease your pain, Get you on your feet again. Relax. I need some information first. Just the basic facts...

:D
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information