Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what power source shoud I buy?

yep, Crucial would be fine ...so would Kingston, Samsung, and a few others. You wont go wrong with Crucial :thumb:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I'm not really on a budget, hold on...let me check my wallet.
    Yep I'm on a budget....
    WTF let me use my c card

are thermaltake psu good at all?

I think it is the same as an Enermax (which is also good), just under a different name...although I'm not sure about that.

As far as I know it's good, but you might want a second opinion.

More durable and reliable that the others IMO. Not to mention WD had the foresight to introduce an 8 MB cache instead of pretending ATA133 was something special
    does the 8mb cache make a lot of difference for gaming? never used one before. wondered if it was worth it.

yep, Crucial would be fine ...so would Kingston, Samsung, and a few others. You wont go wrong with Crucial
    i have a stick of crucial pc2100 (266) running at 333mhz on stock voltage and its rock stable, might ever go a bit further, but i would cool it a bit better first.

I think it is the same as an Enermax (which is also good), just under a different name...although I'm not sure about that.
    im not too sure on that either. but i would think not. only because the thermaltake ones are a lot cheaper. although i hope you are right. Thermaltake are a good brand though so I imagine it would be ok, was lookin at one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by swinger
    does the 8mb cache make a lot of difference for gaming? never used one before. wondered if it was worth it.
    from what I've heard it does make a difference with gaming, but obviously not as much as a new video card :)

i don't have any benchmarks on hand, but I'm sure you could find a few if you scrounge around on the net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information