Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet cases?

What do you mean not using it? PCI Express does not rely on a new form factor, it is only a new type of slot for faster transfer speeds.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Soulburner: I haven't said that PCI-Express won't work on an ATX motherboard. All I said was, "I (means me) cannot see the point of creating a new format that provides improved cooling for PCI-Express cards and then not using it." Right or wrong it's just my opinion, can we leave it at that please.

Mista K6: Combine Intels new Prescott CPU (103W) with a PCI-Express graphics card (75W) and you're talking about a serious amount of heat. In an attempt to simplify and improve cooling, Intel is pushing the BTX form factor which places the CPU, Chipset(s) and PSCs near the centre of the motherboard. The PCI-Express slot has also been repositioned so that the GPU benefits from this as well. This allows for a far cleaner and more localised airflow over the heat producing components found on a motherboard. Now while Intel is pushing BTX, AMD currently appears quite happy to stay with ATX, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

4. Default

tks for those links nosferatu, that new acousti case coming out soon looks good :thumb:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information