Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel or AMD for fastest system.

If you really believe Prescott is going to be slower than XE, then keep dreaming........that's a joke.

Oh and I almost forgot to add....Intel is toying with the idea of making an Extreme Edition of all its future processors....IE Prescott 2.8 Extreme Edition, and they are even debating unlocking the multipliers on these processors. If that's true AMD is screwed.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

not EE...............all in a 32 bit platform that costs 700+.........even your regular p4's are 600................a64 3200+ is 450...........even your supplied link admits to the contrary, your claims.........hey, and you know what soul, if that intel gorilla can pull a rabbit out of the hat, great, i'm all for it.................but so far, no rabbit

Can't.............read cuz.................all..........the stuttering.........is........hard for me to..........understand.........please help me............ :shh:

beyond.........help :laugh:

What................................is............ ...........so...................funnyyyyyy........ ......:confused:
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

JSR the Extreme Edition doesn't really do any different in pure processing power, CPU benchmarks. If the XE were on there it should score the same as the others. The 2mb L3 cache does nothing for pure processing power.

The place where the 2mb L3 cache is media encoding where a frame of a DVD will fit inside the 2mb of cache, and gaming where the same instructions are used over and over. When you can store this information in a full speed cache it can be retrieved much faster. That is why the XE shows the gains it does in gaming.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

means everything in beating it's own siblings, the p4............while it still doesn't beat the fx...........but, you are right, primarily in gaming..........and, to be honest with you soul..............that's all i give a rip about. The problem is price and the fact that it's not even available yet............these next few months should expose alot of issues that may help clarify things................as for you asian, some people lay in wait to prey on some inconsistencies of others, according to their own percieved conception, is funny to me..........in fact, it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    What................................is............ ...........so...................funnyyyyyy........ ......:confused:
    that people don't grow up.
    i don't understand wat is the big deal abt someone's POSTING STYLE. imo if you don't like someone's posts then don't read them. close your eyes or leave the thread as soon as you see his/her post in the thread.
    if someone is posting s**t and is not making sense at all or rather is posting just for the sake of posting then may be we can make fun of him/her or even reprimand them but "posting styles"??????????
    GROW UP!!! don't you guys think it is high time we all stopped pointing fingers on how people FORMAT their posts. just my honest :2cents:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

i don't want any trouble and obviously it's annoying to some people. The pauses are intentional to make a point. But, the style isn't acceptable to most. It's amazing to me that it really does seem to make a difference as to how people percieve you. Oh well, nonetheless, doin' the best I can. And, if it's an issue, I can comply, as I have a minor in english.

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    that people don't grow up.
    i don't understand wat is the big deal abt someone's POSTING STYLE. imo if you don't like someone's posts then don't read them. close your eyes or leave the thread as soon as you see his/her post in the thread.
    if someone is posting s**t and is not making sense at all or rather is posting just for the sake of posting then may be we can make fun of him/her or even reprimand them but "posting styles"??????????
    GROW UP!!! don't you guys think it is high time we all stopped pointing fingers on how people FORMAT their posts. just my honest :2cents:
    ]
    Sorry wasn't really point fingers, that is my format also..and about the growing up thing..working on it :cheers:
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information