Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Digital camera?

I would like some suggestions regarding different digital cameras, photo quality is very important and I'm only interested in 5 Megapixel cams or better. Price isn't really a matter as long as it perform good. /Thx

The_tweaker: Good luck buddy, I've spent several months researching this very subject, what a nightmare. Canon's G5 was the latest possibility, but unfortunately there's a lot of noise on high speed shots, apart from that it seems to be a good product. Nikon and Minolta make some superb PRO digital cameras, but these cost a small fortune.
    Obviously it depends on what you want to photograph, but as MP's get higher, high speed focusing appears to become a problem, particularly on the cheaper 5MP cameras. Nikon's DH2 is a 4.1 effective MP camera, and it takes superb photos.

Canon PowerShot G5
    Nikon DH2
    Minolta Dimage Z1
    Fuji FinePix S5000

Thx, I recently bought a Sony DSR PD 150P DV cam and I am very pleased with it, to bad it can't take any high res still photos. I'll look into your suggestions..

Funny ain't it, a DV cam worth 5.000$ can't even do some decent images.. :rolleyes2

My Kodak EasyShare CX4230 takes absolutely huge pictures, the quality is awesome, and they are very high res. Its something crazy like 1900x something and I always have to scale them down. Good price too.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Thread Information