Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Nice shiny new LCD Monitor...

I want one, I need one, :rolleyes: well actually one of those statements is not true but anyway.....

I've been looking at the 17" Hyundai Q17 as a replacement to my current display (a 19" Dell CRT) and just wondered if anyone had any views on this?

When it's not in bits I mainly use my home machine for web surfing \ a bit of hobby web design and the occasional game - my worry is that the LCD panels are not up to supporting gaming requirements.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I part with 300 - 400 of hard earned cash

I hear LCDs are good for MASS amounts of surfin, or data processing etc.

But the CRT's are better for gaming. Plus, LCDs are way more expensive.
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

Yes, I would never change from a 19" crt to a 17" LCD.. If they were the similar size then one could at least think about it..

But smaller..? won't happen..

Thanks for the views guys,

I understand that a 17" LCD has an equivalent viewing area of a 19" CRT so Im not so worried about that, my main concern is the refresh rates I know LCD are not quite as good but I hear that the latest models are approaching the quality of CRT in terms of eliminating motion blur on the screen with fast moving graphics

Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of gaming on a new LCD panel ?

Also my 19" Dell Monitor has developed an anoying fuzzy patch that sits in the middle of the screen for about 10min after if it's first switched on (Degauss does nothing to help this :( ) so I need to get some sort of replacement
    --
    "It's Life Jim, don't we just know it !"

The newer ones may have decreased motion blur and other attributes, but does the model your looking at specify any of them?

I mean, the cheapest ones I've seen are like $300, and they are they are the standard LCD, without anythin special.

If your on a budget, you can get a good 19" CRT Flat screen for under $300, and not have to worry about refresh rates or motion blur or any other compications assocciated with LCD's.

But, if your hell bent on getin an LCD, I've used a Dell job for gamin and didn't have any probs with rates etc. Was worth like $900 though....
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

Thread Information