Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New comp: crappy and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    These are good suggestions for what I might buy/build later for me, but I'm talking crappy for this computer. I'm talking Pentium 2 or crappy AMD well under 1 GHz with 128 MB RAM or less (not particulalry good RAM either), mobo, case, crappy cooling (hell my friend probably has a regular fan lying around somewhere that'll be good enough.
    Don't ya have stores over there that deal with 2nd hand office PC's? There are plenty of them here in this country. :?:

You want a cheapo computer??/ Well, TRY THIS SITE! http://www.surpluscomputers.com/ they have a refurbished pentium 2 for $59.99! Here is the link http://www.softwareandstuff.com/COM10462.html they have a few higher speed models also in the "desktop systems and laptops" section....this is about the LOWEST priced place on the net I have found! Here is some info about them: About US

Surplus Computers is the nationís premier reseller of computer parts, peripherals, software, and just plain great deals! Weíre located in the heart of Silicon Valley next to San Jose International Airport in a 30,000 square foot warehouse. In fact, we are no more than 15 minutes from the headquarters of Intel, AMD, Quantum, Applied Materials, Maxtor and Yahoo among others.

We purchase manufacturer and corporate excess, overstock, and slightly obsolete inventories in HUGE quantities to maximize the savings to you. Our motto is, "We specialize in the trailing edge of technology and if we canít get a great deal you wonít see it in our store or on our site."

So whether you chose to visit our 10,000 sq. foot retail store or purchase through our website, we thank you for your business and hope you enjoy your experience with us. We take customer service very seriously so if you have a problem please feel free to let us know. Also remember though, we are human and do make mistakes.

So it is up to you, but to me, that is one of the cheapest places I know where you can get a computer for a low price!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information