Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for 19" CRT

I'm looking for a new 19" CRT monitor folks and I'd prefer not to spend more than $200 (US) if possible.

I picked up the Samsung SyncMaster 955df today, but I'm not happy with it so it's going back to the store tomorrow. I plan to research some monitors myself, but I'd like to get some suggestions first.

thanks guys
    :cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

take a look at the Viewsonic G95+ (i think) or the Professional series; the Pro might be a tad too expensive but they are very nice if you are after sharpness & brightness etc.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

It can be a bit tricky to find any real good 19" on that budget, many of them crt's within the 200 range haven't the most clear image/color separation etc. Try and see iy you can stretch a bit higher since the performance is way higher in the 250-300 range. :2cents:

I just got myself an Syncmaster 959NF Diamondtron which can do

1280x1024 - 100Hz
    1600x1200 - 85Hz

I'm very pleased with it so far, the color separation etc is great!

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    It can be a bit tricky to find any real good 19" on that budget, many of them crt's within the 200 range haven't the most clear image/color separation etc. Try and see iy you can stretch a bit higher since the performance is way higher in the 250-300 range. :2cents:
    unfortunately I'm beginning to realise that :( I think I'm just going to have to stick with my viewsonic 17" until I can better afford a larger quality monitor. I appreciate the replies :thumb:

What didn't you like about the DF?
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

refresh rates, supported resolutions, this strange ghosting/hazy crap on the desktop (very noticable with a black background), this very strange distortion (wavy lines, but that doesn't describe it well), the colors were off despite any tweaking, ect...

just about everything I don't want in a monitor aside from physical malfunctions

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    refresh rates, supported resolutions, this strange ghosting/hazy crap on the desktop (very noticable with a black background), this very strange distortion (wavy lines, but that doesn't describe it well), the colors were off despite any tweaking, ect...

just about everything I don't want in a monitor aside from physical malfunctions
    My old NEC makes wavy lines, because its shot

Wow, I think you must have gotten one that was dying... I don't have any DF's but I have friends who do and are very picky quality wise...

I have a 1200NF, (the most expensive line samsung makes) and it is absolutely gorgeous. 1920 X 1440 @ 79 Hz!!

I can't say about the DF's in general but I have found that cheap 'flat' CRT's of other brands are often very poor.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

My Moms had a 753DF for two years now and it's never had a falter yet

I'm just going to stick with my 17" for now and put the money towards something else. I wanted a 19" to complement my new 9800 pro ( :D ) that I was able to get by a freak accident. But it still looks damn fine on my 17", so I'm jut not going to worry about it right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information