Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EPS12V Power Supply units

Can I use a EPS12V PSU like the one in the link below work with a pentium 4 Socket 478 Motherboard or is it only for Dual processor boards and Xeon?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=0

If ya talkin' about the Sparkle Power 460W FSP460-60PFN PSU (the link doesn't reflect ya thread title) make sure that it has the required P4 4 pin power connector first but if it does then it'll be ok to use (Sparkle Power Inc.'s website doesn't give details of the connectors).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    If ya talkin' about the Sparkle Power 460W FSP460-60PFN PSU (the link doesn't reflect ya thread title) make sure that it has the required P4 4 pin power connector first but if it does then it'll be ok to use (Sparkle Power Inc.'s website doesn't give details of the connectors).

I've even called Sparkle but no one can tell me if it has a 4 pin connector.

This link has me a little worried. The part that mentions (What will happen if I use an EPS12V power supply in a motherboard that requires ATX GES or vice versa?) Is this that?:?:

1) Motherboard will not power up

2) The connection may cause a short circuit and burn out your motherboard and/or power supply

http://www.rackmount.com/Rackacc/ATXGES.htm

Thread Information