Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: internal hardware modem.

yeah i m stuck with a softmodem: Motorola SM56.
    such modems are not very well supported with Linux and this one has like an almost non-existent support. i will be turning to dial-up full time as i m going to lose my LAN connection from 1st of next month. i have searched but i don't understand what to buy so please tell me from your own experience as to what i should get.
    i want a good controller based internal modem or as i have read a "hardware modem". if some of you guys are using Linux and are sure about any piece of hardware then that will be like icing on the cake. please everyone, i m really desperate. i don't want an interent connection to take me back to Windows :cry:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Does it have to be internal?

When I was running Slackware I had a US Robitics 56K External and it worked great!

I still use the sucker when I'm working on peoples systems and need to connect to the net.
    If you think you know what I know and think you see what I see, than why are you asking me questions?

actually i have a lot of stuff hooked on to this case and that is why i want to have an internal one but if i'll be left with no other choice then i will have to go with external. btw only companies that seem to be making sense to me till now are US Robotics and 3Com as they both support Linux quite well.
    thanx for replying.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information