Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of new stuff coming out....

Beefy Guest

I think people need to clarify the difference in speed (as in frequency / Mhz) and speed (as in latency of RAM)... :) Seems to crop up a bit lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    If you are referring to me (most likely) wiggo, my deepest apologies to you. I wont admit that my posts were totally full of crap though. Take a look of this thread for instance: 9600XT: How much ram?
    Sorry but I wasn't referin' to ya. : peace2:

[b]Direct quotation from wiggo: "In actual fact the memory on the 256MB model won't be as fast as that on the 128MB model due to the cost factor of the extra memory." (that statement was regarding the 9600XT only!)
    Sorry I was wrong there as the price of memory now has become so cheap that the practice of usin' slower memory on larger capacity cards has fallen into disuse now. It was used earlier on to stop the price of one range of card from overlappin' that on a higher card. :o

[b]In the future I will try to read much more carefully the earlier/similar posts regarding the particulary subject that Im gonna reply to. : omg:
    Now don't be a ham.

Just had to make sure that I wont totally spoil my reputation. ;) :D :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information