Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAM question

Hey,

Can this...

CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200LL PC3200 2X512MB DDR 2-3-2

run on the A7N8X and K8V-deluxe mobos?

and is the TWIN ram a lot better then 2 normal sticks of 512 Corsair PC3200?

I'm looking for some awesome ram that I can use on my current system (A7N8X) and can later transfer to my newer athlon 64 comp.

thanks a lot

EDIT: oh I almost forgot... how come some RAM with black heat spreaders are more expensive then silver? is it actually just because of color?

It should work just fine on those mobo's. The TWINX is really just 2 sticks of XMS that have been tested in a dual channel configuration and are guaranteed to work together, the actual RAM is the same as 2 512MB sticks of XMS3200 I believe :cheers:

fast reply ;) thanks for ur help.

Well since the ram thing is cleared up can someone maybe take a look at this system?

http://www.ncix.com/forums/index.php...&overclockid=0

I'm ordering all the parts and a local shop is going to put it together for me.

Few questions...

What would be a good power supply?

Also, should I go air cooling or water cooling?

(I want something VERY quiet)

Is water cooling worth the extra $ and trouble? BTW if I go water cooling I might switch to the 9600XT card or just wait for the newer cards to come out to get the 9800XT, I think my GeForce 4 ti4600 can handle most games I play for temporary.

If I'm missing anything on the wishlist in order to build a complete set-up pelase let me know.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate all the help.

If you aren't overclocking water-cooling is pointless, as there is silent air coolers that will sufficiently cool your CPU.

hmn, do you know a good power supply + what type of fans to get and how many by any chance?

An Antec 430W should be sufficient.
    Standard 80mm case fans are fine, I'd have 2 in the front for intake, one on the side intake. 2 rear for exhaust. Thats 5 total.
    :cheers:

EDIT: Also, for quiet air coolers look at Zalman's quality silent air-coolers.

hehehe thx bro, ill add that to my wishlist

A watercooling setup done right will cool better and be quieter than any aircooling methods.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    A watercooling setup done right will cool better and be quieter than any aircooling methods.
    Yeah but as I said, water is pointless when not OC'ing, as there is silent air-cooling solutions avaliable for a fraction of the cost of water

Another question,

I purchased a computer from a local PC shop and had it custom built. it came with XP Pro, but it is the OEM version. I want to get a new PC, a completely new set-up. Can I just pop in the windows OEM cd into the new comp and re-activate it as long as im only using it on 1 machine? What if I kept the HD from the original comp and stuck it in my new comp, I can just say I upgraded just about everything including the case ;) cant I?

I really dont wna spend another 200$ (CAD) I see no point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information