Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: i need suggestions on which dvd burner to get

i want to buy a dvd burner but i want it to be compatible with a lot of dvd formats but i want the price comfortable because if it exceeds the limit of 250 dollars i prefer to save for a new motherboard or a chip or more ram

so i need some suggestion on which dvd burner to get
    that doesnt exceed the price of 250 dollars

any suggestions would be apreciated

Beefy Guest

Compatible with lots of DVD formats? There's only really two, and most DVD burners now support both the - and + media.

I haven't really heard of a bad burner yet, so it all boils down to what you want. I'd got for a Pioneer A06 myself.

I've got the LG4040B, from Tomshardware recommendation. I havn't had a problem with any DVD-R disc's playing in any console dvd players or PS2/XBox's yet, and aside from it only recognizing some 4x disc's at 2x (which the new FirmWare update is supposed to fix), its a great drive
    The 8x's aren't really very good yet, I've heard of alot of them having compatability problems, and you can only normally find 4x disc's right now anyway.. I'd suggest saving the extra $20-50 and buying a 4x, and put that money towards a DVD-9 burner when they hit the market commercially (and the disc's are accessable and reasonably priced)
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Thread Information