Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: dell computer

on the deal page they have a computer for small business.How can i buy this without a tax number.

The only DELL on sale right now is the 2400 DO NOT BUY THIS COMPUTER. It's a terrible comp with a terrible motherboard. It has NO AGP slot. It only has inigrated graphics. And if you wait a bit there should be better DELL comps sold at the same price or even cheaper.

The best deal so far was a DELL 8300 with a 9800 Pro and a 17inch CRT for $650... you get the idea. :)

Also, you probably want to check out slickdeals.net as they usually list items that are really only a good though sometimes they list things that really arenít that great.
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

you would do better to build your own :2cents:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

But, if you're on a serious budget.....there's this for $399.00

P4 2.4GHZ Shuttle MIcro

.......Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 533FSB
    ..Memory: 512MB of memory at 333MHz DDR SDRAM
    ......Storage: Ultra ATA/100 7200 RPM 60GB Hard Drive
    ..Optical Drive(s): 48x CD-R/CD-RW Disk Drive. Also comes with a 3.5" floppy drive.
    ......Video Graphics: Intergrated SiS Graphics Card.
    ..Modem: V.90 DataFax Modem supports up to 56Kbps download and 33.6Kbps upload.
    .....Networking: 10/100 Ethernet Networking
    ..Monitor not included.
    .....Sound: Integrated 5.1 Channel Capable Audio
    ..Keyboard & Mouse: All Computers come standard with a color-cornated keyboard and optical mouse.
    .....Speakers:Speakers not included. Additional Speakers can be purchased during checkout.
    ..Warranty: Standard 60 day No Questions Asked Warranty. 1 and 2 year extended warranties available at checkout.
    .....Support: 24 * 7 live customer support.
    ..Operating System: Windows Xp Home Edition
    .....Software Bundle: Roxio GoBack, Corel WordPerfect, Nero Express and PowerDVD. Additional software available for purchase at checkout.

Ooops , almost forgot the LINK
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Hey dryadsoul luv the new avatar.

That's pretty cool, but you still need to add an AGP card for it to be good for any gaming.

If you want something a little better look at: This thread

Just something to think about.

If you go for the shuttle, the only thing not so great (aside from the terrible graphics is the 533 FSB, but thats not too big of a deal.)

Oh yeah, for the vid card check out these two:
    9700 Pro $189

9800 Pro $211

Really these are the sweat spot right now. If you spend any less you loose a huge amount of performance.
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

He did say it was for a small Business..........and they have
    that same Shuttle deal in the 2.4MGH P4C w/800FSB for slightly
    more denaro.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    He did say it was for a small Business..........and they have
    that same Shuttle deal in the 2.4MGH P4C w/800FSB for slightly
    more denaro.
    Nope, the deal is on DELL's small buisness page, thats what he said. But the PC setup is pretty sweat. Can't seem to find the 800FSB version.

i need to use dell where i can charge it. how about the PE 400sc is that computer any good, found a pretty good deal on it $398 less rebait of $125. any body now any thing about this unit.

Yes I would also prefer to build it myself but SmokeyTheBalrog needs to stop assuming everyones a gamer..

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Yes I would also prefer to build it myself but SmokeyTheBalrog needs to stop assuming everyones a gamer..
    :o oops, sorry. If someone doesn't post what there using it for, I assume that the person is looking for a well balanced system.

Anyways, most people seem to be like, "no, no I don't game at all, I just need this for word processing... and I'll just by the 5 thousand dollar vid card with a gig of ram for the hell of it... but no, I never game, of course not." :p

Besides you know what my current comp set up is right? These assumptions are just a sign of my frustration with my inability to play games on my comp.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy_y
    i need to use dell where i can charge it. how about the PE 400sc is that computer any good, found a pretty good deal on it 8 less rebait of 5. any body now any thing about this unit.
    The 400sc is good(it does have an AGP slot if you want it) but I believe Dryadsoul's comp is better for the same price you also get an operating system, the 400sc doesn't come with one so you would need to buy it separately.

Though for dryadsoul's comp you need to purchase a warranty if you want one not sure how much. For DELL I think they include a 1 yr. warranty, thought not sure.

Actually they seem equally matched it comes down to this.

dryadsoul's comp is smalled cooler locking and easier to move around. You can actually take it with you places, especailly if you grab a LCD monitor for it.

The DELL comp has a small tower case that has at least one extra HD bay and one optical drive bay.

Thread Information