Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Reliable American Online Retailers

Hey Flaco is "the humming bird" the name of your computer?

Hey I got a probably dumb question if I just stuck all my components inside a pc would the computer work automatically?
    When working with Intel 233mhz and so forth all I did was instert and was up running but for one pc with an Intel 90mhz i had to redo jumpers and stuff. How would this work for a 2200+ XP AMD on a Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum?

Well, there were in fact ALOT more jumpers and switches back in the day of that old hardware........now most stuff is automatic and stored in the bios........basically the only jumpers on the board are probably clear password clear cmos and set the bus 100/133. Most of everything is automatic. I guess go in your bios to configure some stuff and your all set.

sounds good , the slow intels gave me a crap load of problems especially with jumpers......... all the time i was opening an Intel case (thats how i learned pc's) and I got an AMD and its soo sweet ive only opened the pc for adding new hardware :afro:

Current Intel's are just the same..... (as far as NOT having jumpers)

And old AMD's have just as many jumpers.... (as the OLD Intel's)

edited to fix the confusion as seen in RD's next post

Current Intel systems have jumpers all over the board? I wouldn't know this since I'm an "AMD Enthusiast"

..........ehh i was refferring to the old Intel mobos since I have never built a AMD system or anything greater than a pentuim 2 cause im a loser :afro:

Well back in the day........I use to build Intel Systems and AMD systems. More AMD then intel probably the only Intel system that I could say I was really familiar with was my old Pentium 150 or maybe my old 386. lol anyway when I was building my old AM486 it had jumpers even my K6 and my K6/2 had jumpers. I think its really related to AT/ATX. But then again I remeber my Athlon Classic I think it had jumpers as well even though on ATX. My my current system does NOT have alot of jumpers at all. Mayve 2-3 if they have more its because I couldn't find them.

:cool: I've had good luck with:

www.coolerguys.com
    www.newegg.com
    www.4AllMemory.com

Quote Originally Posted by cHeEsY327

I wasn't fooled by their name when i decided to make a few purchases from them after hearing good things about them from many of my friend...

www.googlegear.com was quick with processing my order, and i received my 0+ worth of computer hardware within 1 week (basic UPS ground shipping).
    Not too bad considering the item was shipped all the way from CA to NJ (coast to coast) with UPS.

As for their prices, you cant just blindly buy things from them like you can from www.newegg.com
    You've gotta look out for some of their prices though; Once in a while, you'll find amazing deals on processors and hard drives on their site, but other times, many of the items they list will be overpriced...

Conclusion: I'd definitely buy from them again if i found a good deal on the hardware they have to offer

Note- I have not yet dealt with their tech support as there has been no need

Well I have bought my Abit Siluro GF4 Ti 4200 from them and will never buy there again!! (Googlegear) The reason I am not is because when I bought my card, I sent them a MONEY ORDER with a overnight letter hoping it would speed up the processing, but I didn't read well enough their rules and one of them states that they can hold money orders up to 10 DAYS because they must clear the bank FIRST! Just like a regular check! I was so mad when I got my card TWO WEEKS LATER that I have decided never to buy there again and to tell others this story so if they want to send a money order...... they may LOOK ELSEWHERE......newegg.com is where I am going to next!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information