Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Reliable American Online Retailers

wish i had read this thread before i made my last online purchase. On the 29th of November i ordered a Geforce 4 4200ti and a 19 inch monitor from a company i found through pricewatch called BuyXtremeGear.Com. I chose the company because I needed one that could send products to APO/FPO boxes via the US postal service. According to the info that Pricewatch has from them the video card:
    Ship: $3.00 - 5.75 FEDEX 3DAY INSURED
    Will Ship: Same - 1day

After ordering through Next Day Air i received an email stating:
    Congratulations on your buyxtremegear.Com Purchase. We are dedicated to
    providing high quality equipment and excellent service.

Your order will be processed and shipped in about 1-3 Business Day.

Please let us know how we may serve you better.

The 29th was on a Friday, so I waited till the 4th (Wednesday) to see the status of my order. When i entered my 5 digit product tracking order number in BuyXtremeGear's automatic, "daily updated" order tracker i recieved this message:
    Oops! Your order number was not found. Please make certain that the number you entered is correct. Also note that it may take us up to 48 hours from your order date to post your order status online. If you continue to experience problem, feel free to email us at info@buyxtremegear.com.

I assumed a 6 day wait which included 4 "business days" was more than enough time for this company to at least process my order. So i wrote a polite letter inquiring about my order that same day (Wednesday). It's now Friday the 6th and still no word on my order nor does the tracking number work yet. I used a debit card for my purchase and today at my bank I found that my account has not yet been charged.

After reading up on some posts here in this thread yesterday i found a link to the website www.resellerratings.com and found buyxtremegear.com ranking 4.75 out of 10 in overall satisfaction with 129 reviews (most of which were horror stories of horrible sales service).

Guess im just kinda griping but also warning so um yeah there ya go.
    Patiently waiting...
    Drift

i have purchased from:

www.newegg.com - awesome, great shipping and packaging

www.z-buy.com - no complaints, fast shipping, good memory

www.tcwo.com - awesome place, really reliable service and good prices...but, i pick my stuff up from them because i live in tampa so i don't know how well they ship. but, i wouldn't let that hold you back.

www.monarchcomputer.com - very poor shipping. bought a mobo, cpu, fan combo from them, good price and they put it together and test it for you, however, they stuck the whole unit with the fan mounted back in the mobo box which wouldn't close properly and sent it through the mail. which luckily didn't cause any damage but needless to say they could've shipped it a little more securely

www.bestbyte.net - horrible packaging, adequate shipping time, not everything was in stock like they said it was, etc.

my choices...

www.tcwo.com
    www.newegg.com
    ASUS A7N8X DX
    Athlon XP 2100+
    Volcano 11
    1024mb Samsung PC2700
    (2) WD 80gig SE
    Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    LG GCE-8320B CD-RW
    LG GSA-4163B DVD-RAM
    Win XP Pro Sp2

Until recently I have always bought all of my hardware in person (it was an advantage to living near seattle and microsoft) but since i no longer have those options my recent (and only) on-line perchases have been though coolerguys and googlegear. I knew of coolerguys since they were a 5 min drive away. Their on-line front is just as good as in person. I will always buy from them when possible. So far googlegear has done well, with shipping prices and timely delivery. But I had to return my mobo to them because it was faulty. Everything is fine with that so far, I recieved my RMA# within a few hours of the request. Hopefully the rest will go smoothly. Assuming this goes well I will continue to shop from googlegear as well.

www.coolerguys.com
    www.googlegear.com

Quote Originally Posted by JealousMidget
    Yeah, Last time I ordered from Newegg.com they wer rated something insane like 97%! I would order from them again.

I too have used Mwave.com and would use them again, as well as Directron.

I have also used theoverclockerzstore.com, but I have heard that some people have had some real problems with them. I wasn't one of them.

:thumb: Newegg is the best, in my exprence. There replacement policy couldn't be better.........Next day no questions asked!!!!!!!!

They are my only source these days!!

As for OCZ...... I'm one of the ones that was burned, NEVER AGAIN.

FYI
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Accubyte is not a retailer that i would recomend. They are like 10 mins away from me, but they dont have a stroe front like any normal place would. I have to call them 1 day before even if i am picking the thing up!! Plus they charge some sort of pickup fee! WTF???
    Not a place I will do bussiness with unless its my only option.

Dlab,
    since that first post about Newegg I have ordered a bunch of stuff on different occasions. They typically deliver sooner than they promise. I have never received anything different or any less than I ordered. I checked resellerratings.com again an their rating is still going strong! :thumb: JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

JM, They are amazing, and consistantly the best on prices......

:bounce:

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

my return to googlegear has finally been compeleted. I ended up with a refund instead of a motherboard. Apparently they didn't know when i would be able to get a new motherboard returned to me so they gave me an option of a refund with no restocking fee or wait for a new mobo. But unfortunatly, none of this would have took place if i had not sent them an e-mail demanding to know how soon i would recieve a replacement. It had already been more than log enough to at least recieve some form of communication whether or not i was even going to recieve a new mobo. I have since bought a new mobo from newegg. Googlegear's serivce was great untill it came time to return a damaged product.

<!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
    </script>
    </P>
    <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Tell ya about my adventure With NEgg......... had a MSI K7t 266 burn a reo out........... they apologiesed for having to send me a K7T 266A trubo RU instead, but they didn't want me inconveinced, it arrived the next day.............

They will excede your expectations, like JM said....................

FYI

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information